Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA serves drunk pax until comatose, refuses to remove him from emergency exit

BA serves drunk pax until comatose, refuses to remove him from emergency exit

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Saladman

So, despite not being there and not interacting with the passenger like the CC did, you’ve come to the conclusion that the investigation was ‘cursory and ineffective’? Impressive!

‘In reality’ his condition was such that you have no idea what his condition was since you weren’t there. The OP indicated that he was asleep. I also find it difficult to respond when I’m asleep.

BA rules state that one must be physically fit and able to assist in the unlikely event of an emergency and that they must be willing to assist, and that they are able to read and understand English. I haven’t read anything in the OP’s account to suggest that he didn’t fulfil these conditions. It doesn’t say you cannot drink and it doesn’t say that you cannot be asleep. He was apparently elderly, but that’s such a relative term as to be almost meaningless and when pressed, the OP still couldn’t give an idea of how old he was.

There was also also nothing to suggest that he was unable to walk off the plane at the end of the flight. On the basis that that occurred only a few minutes after the landing (the critical time according to the OP) it’s reasonable to assume that he’d be able to get out of the exit in an emergency a couple of minutes earlier. I imagine in the event of an emergency he’d probably wake up fairly promptly. Of course I wasn’t there so I don’t know for sure.
But the OP was......sorry, but your attempt at defending the indefensible is laughable.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Saladman
The Europe bit may be artistic liicence. Beirut, Amman, Tel Aviv and Moscow are all on SH aircraft I think.
indeed, I would describe one of them as a 5 hour flight, but it was a 777 on thae flight with the right timings for the post

in any case , I’m sure the OP can let us know what response he gets should he take the matter further.

Originally Posted by passy777
But the OP was......sorry, but your attempt at defending the indefensible is laughable.
I would suggest they are expressing an opinion based on what information we have, it is very useful on FT to get different views expressed and is totally in the spirit of what Ft hopes to achieve.

The OP can then reflect on their own opinion based on what they felt occurred at the time and take it further should they wish.

I am very garteful to hear a divesity of views on a subject, it makes for a more informed choice and understanding.

#NotLaughingHere

Last edited by navylad; Feb 7, 2019 at 9:45 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Deleted
kt31981 likes this.

Last edited by Saladman; Feb 7, 2019 at 9:48 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by subject2load
After a number of posts in which I have said all I wish to contribute on the subject, I feel it’s the right time to drop out of the discussion.
Me too, this is getting quite tedious, it's several days ago, and I have better things to do than reporting new personal attacks to the mods. I have reached out to an appropriate channel within BA, an I have received an appropriate response. As far as I am concerned, the matter is closed; in my view, this thread is ripe for being closed as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.