Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

log off ba.com and make sure you clear cookies after

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

This is from the website bugs/issues thread but it needs wider airing so people can be careful until it is fixed. Clear all cookies after logging out. Logging out alone does not work.

I've emailed BA about this.

Originally Posted by mrandery
I'm having the same issue. I logged in on an colleague's computer and saw his bookings. He had logged out earlier in the day.

Terrible, careless and absolutely ridiculous from a privacy point of view.
Originally Posted by just_starting

This keeps happening to me - I log out of one account and into another, and instead of my own bookings I see the other person's bookings all listed in my account, just like if they were my own. I can even go into MMB and edit them as I please.

I've had this happen even hours after logging out before. This is somewhat concerning and strongly puts me off ever logging into my account from a public computer!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:35 am

Wow, that is indeed pretty bad!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Yes I noticed this a few days ago after logging out of my account and into my wife’s. Not good at all
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Scandalous.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
scandalous or as expected--horrid BA infrastructure? i just saw this example with my partner on my laptop and honestly, if i had energy to report BA to the DPA i will.
orbitmic, Dover2Golf and roberto99 like this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Do what I do and use a private/Incognito session if using a public computer. Still sign out of course to be on the safe side but cookies not saved.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Or dont do any of that, take the screenshots as the OP has then contact BA and tell them you are reporting a bug and feel 30 days is a long enough time for a company their size after which time you'll be sending the evidence to the DCO who will probably take a very dim view based on their recent track record.

Clearly the only way they are going to learn at this point is with the bad publicity and the fines mounting up. Really no excuse for it in this day and age & just reconfirms to me that BA's approach of playing the poor innocent victim in the breaches of last year wasn't exactly a deserved position.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:41 pm

This is from the website bugs/issues thread but it needs wider airing so people can be careful until it is fixed. Clear all cookies after logging out. Logging out alone does not work.

I've emailed BA about this.
Thanks - I'm the one who took that screenshot a while ago, only just spotted that you've raised this again.

​​​​​​​Did you ever hear back?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by just_starting
Thanks - I'm the one who took that screenshot a while ago, only just spotted that you've raised this again.

​​​​​​​Did you ever hear back?
I didn't hear back for my email. I sent a link to this thread to their twitter team and they said they would pass it on. 2 weeks ago.

And guess what, it still isn't fixed. I just tried it with my account and my son's account. Logged out of mine and then logged into his and sure enough all my bookings available to see and manipulate.

They're unbelievable at BA IT
Old Feb 19, 2019, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I've had this a lot when I switch between mine and my wife's accounts in the same browser.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I didn't hear back for my email. I sent a link to this thread to their twitter team and they said they would pass it on. 2 weeks ago.

And guess what, it still isn't fixed. I just tried it with my account and my son's account. Logged out of mine and then logged into his and sure enough all my bookings available to see and manipulate.

They're unbelievable at BA IT
PM me and I will give you the email address for the head of online security at BA, I spoke him the last time I found a glitch and it was resolved in hours / days.

I think I can see why it is doing that behaviour but I wont reveal it publically.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

This is still not fixed!

It's been reported to the head of online security / twitter team
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I hope they get slapped with a fine. BA have an extremely lax attitude to data security.
gordon0808 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
I reported this weeks ago. A fine might concentrate their minds
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Never had that issue but then I always set my browser to delete all cookies when I close it. Have been safely paranoid for many years

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.