FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA dream tickets LHR to JNB 2 for 1 PE £1350 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1954575-ba-dream-tickets-lhr-jnb-2-1-pe-1350-a.html)

anniegray Feb 4, 2019 8:10 am

BA dream tickets LHR to JNB 2 for 1 PE £1350

As per title. March 1-31 and May 1-December 31 available

PrimaVista Feb 4, 2019 11:26 am

I am singularly unimpressed with the current trend of 2-4-1 sales.

I want a decent price for one flight seat, not carpet for my lounge with hall, stairs & landing thrown in for free...

orbitmic Feb 4, 2019 11:55 am

Originally Posted by PrimaVista (Post 30738538)

I want a decent price for one flight seat, not carpet for my lounge with hall, stairs & landing thrown in for free...

well it’s typically one of the easiest ways to ensure this up sells to holidaying people rather than down sell to business pax.

cauchy Feb 4, 2019 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by anniegray (Post 30737814)
As per title. March 1-31 and May 1-December 31 available

I'm struggling to find these - which fare buckets should I be looking for?

braiden9 Feb 4, 2019 3:07 pm

Any idea when the sale ends?

corporate-wage-slave Feb 4, 2019 3:11 pm

Sale ends 17 February 2019.

ba.com/dream-tickets

navylad Feb 4, 2019 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by PrimaVista (Post 30738538)

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 30738660)

well it’s typically one of the easiest ways to ensure this up sells to holidaying people rather than down sell to business pax.

its also a way of marketing in the run up to Valentine’s Day and to be fair BA has also had some excellent single fares on sale too.

cauchy Feb 4, 2019 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by navylad (Post 30739404)

its also a way of marketing in the run up to Valentine’s Day and to be fair BA has also had some excellent single fares on sale too.

Except that a couple can buy two singles fares, whereas a single person is not exactly going to persuade BA to sell him half a couple's fare...

navylad Feb 4, 2019 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by cauchy (Post 30739425)
Except that a couple can buy two singles fares, whereas a single person is not exactly going to persuade BA to sell him half a couple's fare...

yet, multiple airlines market fares for 2 tickets around Valentine’s Day, it’s a business so perhaps it drives overall revenue that a single ticket sale doesn’t? Particularly given tbey’ve just had a protracted period of sales on single fares, so I would suggest more single fare deals would unlikely be a great strategic move.

Temps Feb 4, 2019 4:00 pm

Right dates, right destination, right price - thanks for the heads up! :)