Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feasibility of BA flying to KTM

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think an hourly A380 service to NQY would be a better prospect.

ooooh! We'll have some of that, we've got a big runway and everything!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
ooooh! We'll have some of that, we've got a big runway and everything!
Get ready for it !

It’s exactly why BA are in talks with Airbus ....
https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...0-order-report

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK, DL, IHG Diamond, HHonours Gold, Hertz Presidents Club
Maybe Mr Cruz could order the de-mothballing and the commissioning of the Concorde for this new route
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
One of the major reasons to fly to KTM, besides visiting a fascinating country and collecting TPs/miles, can also be satisfied by hopping over to AMS
Old Feb 10, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Well, it would be conceivable that at one point "BA" might flight there in the form of a local codeshare enabling full BA coded one stop trip to/from KTM. In terms of flying their own metal, quite frankly, if you think that BA can't find enough custom to fly to the likes of CGK and SGN and have only just started to fly to Pakistan, Nepal will be way, way down their list of priorities for future expansion.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:07 am

Also the problem of Heathrow slots, even if there is enough demand to KTM to make it profitable, for BA to fly it, it will also need to be the most profitable use of the slots compared to anywhere else that wants a flight or more frequencies. Unlikely on both counts.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

There's more chance of BA flying to where I live which is 100 miles from EZE than them ever flying to KTM.

It's a seasonal destination anyway is it not?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by stampcollector
I am looking at booking flights to Nepal; having visited a few years ago I am aware that KTM is a very small airport, however, I was wondering why BA don't (and as far as I can tell have never done) fly here. I can't imagine it is an aircraft operating limitation as QR and TK both fly A330s there, is it just that there isn't any reasonable demand to fly direct from Europe?
I doubt they would fill a Cessna let alone an A330.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by simons1
I doubt they would fill a Cessna let alone an A330.
And BA dont have any A330's.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by onobond
One of the major reasons to fly to KTM, besides visiting a fascinating country and collecting TPs/miles, can also be satisfied by hopping over to AMS
A relentlessly cheese-focused cuisine?
IndyHoosier and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I think an hourly A380 service to NQY would be a better prospect.
This is long overdue.

KTM, on the other hand, is also available via Doha with Qatar.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by onobond
I don't recall there being much to climb in the Netherlands? A punchy dose of AMS at 20,000+ feet beats the mind-altering power of any herb/chemical I've ever encountered (I'm assuming that's what you were getting at?) ... and I presume having syringes of Dexamethasone in your backpack wasn't what you had in mind for your Nepali drug of choice?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Austrian used to fly this route from Vienna and discontinued it about 10 years ago. Don't think there's enough demand (business traffic) for a direct flight. I found QR from LHR via DOH pretty seamless (with 3 or so flights a day from DOH to KTM).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by mec72
Austrian used to fly this route from Vienna and discontinued it about 10 years ago. Don't think there's enough demand (business traffic) for a direct flight. I found QR from LHR via DOH pretty seamless (with 3 or so flights a day from DOH to KTM).
Lots of low-paid migrant workers fill the economy cabin, but it's not so dense in business, as reported elsewhere
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:23 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Seems very little point when you can route through DEL on BA/9W which is only 100 miles and change longer.
Having flown this route a lot: No, definitely not! DEL is pretty awful for connections (despite the recent update), much better to go on Qatar and change in a decent airport.
IndyHoosier likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.