Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade cost - business to first

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: B A Gold

When Company Policy states Business only and not First to Dallas ..... Time to re-write Company Policy I believe.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 7:53 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Laphroaig57

When Company Policy states Business only and not First to Dallas ..... Time to re-write Company Policy I believe.
Or leave a day earlier and they pay an extra night's hotel...(looking at the flight cost for previous day)
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond

We have a similar thing in our company, although it's Eco+ for us only.
I once found an offer to Asia on KLM C which was way below W tickets on BA.
Boss wouldn't approve the C class flight.
So ended up paying almost 1.5x the price for BA.
But at least it was within policy...
Old Feb 5, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
Or leave a day earlier and they pay an extra night's hotel...(looking at the flight cost for previous day)
Thats also each way right? Full fare J is no good, and equally not a good data point.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Thanks to all for advice

Unfortunately, United’s price has dropped 40% and is now under half the price of BA so I have to fly that

Next time...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:24 pm

Does anyone know why this kind of pricing happens? I saw it booking business return LHR->SYD, but on the way out F was only £200 more. On thI way back it was hugely more.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon

I had something similar, but there was also a caveat in the policy to "use good judgement". So I booked first and kept quiet about it. Also kept a screen shot showing how F was quite a bit cheaper than CW.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Luckily mine is more price focused and there is no longer 1xF available on the outbound and only 1xF left on the return ^ Booking about 8 weeks out seems to be my sweet spot on this route (booked today for end March).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.