Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How long have you been a regular flyer, how old are you and how many TPs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How long have you been a regular flyer, how old are you and how many TPs?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Marriott Platinum
21 years old. Joined the Executive Club in 1997, became Silver in 2012 and Gold in 2014 — based in Bahrain but originally from Dallas and Hyderabad, so earned most of my TPs flying BA/AA to the U.S. and QR/UL to India, plus a lot of domestic AA trips (RIP to the days when we earned 60 TPs per segment...) 10,250 tier points so far!
Old Feb 3, 2019, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A some what similar long running thread--->OT: occupation of BA FTers
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
A some what similar long running thread--->OT: occupation of BA FTers
I fixed the link for you

OT: occupation of BA FTers
Old Feb 3, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
A somewhat pathetic set of stats for me tbh. A couple of SH city breaks and a couple of SH/ European holidays for birthdays primarily on EZY for many many years. Some business travel starting ten years ago but as self employed again used EZY for cost effectiveness although no longer travel for work. Joined BAEC Nov 17 ( to get a 40TP credit from before we joined the club) but only started flying with BA regularly May last year. Hit Silver in 5.5 months currently 800 TPS but 160 being adding soon when fly to HEL this coming Thursday and bookings already in place to maintain Silver*. All travel is now Leisure ( with one exception where i combined a trip) 14 sectors flown thus far( With BA). Work in security both frontline and in a consulting capacity. 40 odd

*Gold would be achievable if only they'd award TPs on Amex 2-4-1's
Old Feb 4, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Started travelling: May 2018
All S/H apart from family vacations
850 Lifetime TP
Silver BAEC and happy with that
Usually in Euro Traveler but sometimes upgrade with Avios as a wee treat to CE, and have paid twice for CE
But my company only gives me 1,500Euros per year for my travel budget so in most cases I pay the difference
HEL > LHR > EDI my usual route.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
@Colnic2011 we started flying BA at the same time, you're 50 ahead of me, until Thursday lol, and have a small business budget. I hope you have a BA Amex as well? We just booked our 1st First ( LHR-HKG) for later in the year so surely you would've been able to get a voucher to spoil yourself with. As leisure travellers we're also very happy with Silver as Gold is out of reach until Mrs Clam accepts the merits of a TPR( Our 2018 spend with BA would've had us Gold with change in the same time if just a couple of our trips were changed to a weekend of back-2-backs for less money we've spent although we had great fun along the way admittedly)
Colnic2011 likes this.

Last edited by TWCLAM; Feb 4, 2019 at 1:16 am Reason: misassigned member tag
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
@Colnic2011 we started flying BA at the same time, you're 50 ahead of me, until Thursday lol, and have a small business budget. I hope you have a BA Amex as well? We just booked our 1st First ( LHR-HKG) for later in the year so surely you would've been able to get a voucher to spoil yourself with. As leisure travellers we're also very happy with Silver as Gold is out of reach until Mrs Clam accepts the merits of a TPR( Our 2018 spend with BA would've had us Gold with change in the same time if just a couple of our trips were changed to a weekend of back-2-backs for less money we've spent although we had great fun along the way admittedly)
Hi @TWCLAM I am still finding my feet but this forum helps along the way. I fly next Tuesday so another 70TP in the bank but unfortunately because of a family vacation in Nov 2017 my TP year ended in December so I will count this year as my first full year collecting and flying for work. The BA Amex is really good bit I don't think I've taken full advantage of it yet. Silver is ideal for me and I don't think gold is achievable to be honest. Enjoy your 1st First I am extremely jealous but 1 day I will make the Jump to take my 1st First. Actually thinking about CW to LAX for.the family vacation this year but not confirmed yet. Still working on Mrs Colnic2011 haha.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Red, HH Gold
Being much younger than many of you (only 21) my stats are nowhere near as impressive, with my LTP well under 1000 (I blame NGO cheapest route possible policies!), although interestingly my short haul is almost exclusively BA, and long haul almost exclusively not!
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Bronze. MLife Gold, Cunard Diamond, Total Rewards Diamond.
Very much a new member joined in 2010 usually one long haul with a domestic connection from ABZ every year for leisure to ORD or LAX. .LTP 1900 Into my first year of Bronze. Flown in all the classes . BA have been very kind with the upgrades. The past three years have been upgraded from WTP to Club on the long haul sector. with two upgrades being onboard. the last one being a double upgrade from WT to WTP and onboard to Club. . 48 years old and still enjoy the flying.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: Numerous
BAEC since about 1990. Haven't flown BA metal for 8 years since Wee Willie did away with the MAN LGW connection. No longer have or want BA status but do get some TPs from Finnair and Cathay long haul
as they fly from MAN. Use LH or KLM for short haul as they also fly from MAN. Still have over one million Avios.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Late 30s - I only discovered BAEC about 6 years ago. I was a fairly regular flyer before that (mostly leisure and in Y), but not part of any FFP at all and would shop around - in fact, I used to have a self-imposed policy of flying the airline of the 'destination' country for some variety: so always LH to Germany, a US airline to the US etc.

I signed up to BAEC because of the BA Amex about 6 years ago; initially wasn't collecting much in the way of TPs or Avios and was mainly using the scheme for redemptions (my first Club World trip, on an Amex 2-4-1). Then I got a promotion followed by a change of job (and another promotion) and started racking up more business travel. I went from Blue to Gold in one year and have stayed there ever since - admittedly with one year of "paternity extension"

I've never taken a flight I didn't need to (no TP runs here; barely even any 'optimised' travel: I'd rather fly direct if I can...). And I don't pay cash for premium travel for personal travel - in fact, most personal travel is on award flights.

Taking all of that into account, I'm ticking over 1,500-2,000 TPs a year and about 9k Lifetime TPs - nothing compared to some on here, but I do a little more flying than TPs would suggest (leisure, and with other airlines)

BAEC has worked well for me, I guess - I feel I get good benefits from it given the amount I actually have to travel for work....although on a cost-benefits basis the weighting is probably in BA's favour as my tickets are normally late-booked Club World and consequently pricey (for the office to pay...)
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As a long-retired OAP who never earned anything from my rare work travel in the RAF, you can imagine my jealously of those who earn ANYTHING from their work travel! I/we just have to pay for everything we earn from BAEC!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:32 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by T8191
As a long-retired OAP who never earned anything from my rare work travel in the RAF, you can imagine my jealously of those who earn ANYTHING from their work travel! I/we just have to pay for everything we earn from BAEC!
On the other hand and unlike most of the rest of us, you probably have a great RAF pension
Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by golfmad
On the other hand and unlike most of the rest of us, you probably have a great RAF pension
I confess we both do, for a given value of ‘great’.
And State Pensions as well ... so thank you, all you current British taxpayers ^
Old Feb 4, 2019, 1:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
you can imagine my jealously of those who earn ANYTHING from their work travel! I/we just have to pay for everything we earn from BAEC!
Must say having to get out of a cosy warm bed at 4am on a horrible January morning to catch the first shuttle down to London to do a days work wouldn't be my idea of fun no matter how many free Avios/status you get in return. It was bad enough doing it for leisure purposes on the few occasions I had to do it.
nancypants likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.