FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Do A380s Ever Use T5 A Gates At LHR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1954197-do-a380s-ever-use-t5-gates-lhr.html)

jorganmeister Feb 1, 2019 3:14 pm

Do A380s Ever Use T5 A Gates At LHR?

The reason for asking is that I am on BA11 to Singapore in a couple of weeks and am contemplating using the B lounges.
Thanks in anticipation.

eugegall Feb 1, 2019 3:16 pm

They go from C gates (Mostly)

We used B lounge and took the underground walkway to get to from B to C. Took 5 mins.

Jumbodriver Feb 1, 2019 3:19 pm

A380s cant use A gates or the Western side of B gates. So no.

KARFA Feb 1, 2019 3:20 pm

c gates. There are some a380 enabled b gates but they are very rarely used. Also possible to bus from a10 but again very rare.

corporate-wage-slave Feb 1, 2019 3:26 pm

Since the B lounge is pretty much in the middle of the T5 establishment, it's actually a good lounge to use no matter from which gate the aircraft is departing, including T5A. All gates are under 15 minutes from that lounge. All you need to do is read up on the guide to the passageways for departing passengers, which you will find in the Forum's Dashboard.

jorganmeister Feb 1, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks all, appreciate the confirmations. B Lounge it is, I think, hopefully nice and tranquil.

Mikey Mike Mike Feb 1, 2019 7:14 pm

and a pleasant if not slightly surreal walk below the people mover if you have to walk from B back to A.

You can get the people mover from B but only from one platform to C (the southerly train)

jimthewhiz Feb 2, 2019 12:33 am

We used the B lounge prior to a flight to Hong Kong a couple of weeks ago, departing from a C gate. It took approximately 15 minutes to get from the lounge to the gate as we just missed a transit and had to wait about 5 mins for the next one. We were told about the walkway from B to C but found the signage difficult to follow. The B lounge is tranquil and definitely worth the stop if you have time.

BillyBleach Feb 2, 2019 4:03 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30729134)
Since the B lounge is pretty much in the middle of the T5 establishment, it's actually a good lounge to use no matter from which gate the aircraft is departing, including T5A. All gates are under 15 minutes from that lounge. All you need to do is read up on the guide to the passageways for departing passengers, which you will find in the Forum's Dashboard.

side note.

If if you’re in B gates and need to get back to A gates - DON’T take the train. You’ll end up land side and have to redo security.

Alway take the walkway