Wiki Posts
Search

BA 9 LHR-BKK. Is it getting worse ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
It's odd - BA are showing "FC AC" on every flight to/from BKK including the current 3 class 777 flights, but they don't on other flights that are operated by non-F class operated flights. I've never seen this before, and I wonder if it's a preparation for opening it up to a 4 class route?
F and A classes have gone now. There was an oddity in their placement, too - when I saw them last week, they were listed after JCDRI and before WET.

The current availability display has a 789 every day of the week. But when the 787s were first noticed, I think that there was a 788 twice a week. Between these changes and the absence of F and A classes from the availability display, I would expect more changes to come before the picture finally settles down.
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 12:00 am

It’s back to a 777 in November 2020 - we have no way to know if it’s a refurbished one right? 😕 (By that ai do not mean Club Suite but more avoiding the current type of 777 flying to BKK now)
Old Nov 16, 2019, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by A P Yu
If I were a betting man Id say as soon as the LHR 777 densification is in full swing this will probably go back to 777, albeit a refurbed and 10 abreast in Y version - probably just in time for the peak winter season.
Looking at November 2020 it looks like you may have called this correctly!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
It’s back to a 777 in November 2020 - we have no way to know if it’s a refurbished one right? 😕 (By that ai do not mean Club Suite but more avoiding the current type of 777 flying to BKK now)
Very easy to see if it’s scheduled as a refurbed one - do a dummy booking in economy and go to select seats map - if it shows 3-4-3 rather than 3-3-3 it’s a refurbed aircraft.

All can change over the next 12 months, of course.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Very easy to see if it’s scheduled as a refurbed one - do a dummy booking in economy and go to select seats map - if it shows 3-4-3 rather than 3-3-3 it’s a refurbed aircraft.

Does BA give this option before the fare is purchased? I remember doing it in the past but I don’t see any option today on the app or website, going all the way to the payment screen.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
Does BA give this option before the fare is purchased? I remember doing it in the past but I don’t see any option today on the app or website, going all the way to the payment screen.
yes usually. on a revenue booking you should be given an option to select seats and therefore look at the seat map after seeing the price and clicking to accept.

reward bookings don't give the option to select seats before purchase.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:47 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
yes usually. on a revenue booking you should be given an option to select seats and therefore look at the seat map after seeing the price and clicking to accept.

reward bookings don't give the option to select seats before purchase.
I’ve checked the last bookable date for LHR-BKK but also one going next month and neither lets me select a seat at any stage.. maybe it’s just me. I definitely used to be able to do this.

EDIT: If I log out of BAEC, it gives me the option to select a seat for Ł26 in Y, but when I’m logged in as a BAEC Silver it doesn’t offer me the free seat selection as I go through to book (but I can go in after booking and select for free).
Old Nov 16, 2019, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Still showing 3-3-3 including for the week of half term at the end of October which is when I was looking for. Will stick to going via HKG/KUL as I have done so far.
Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:15 am

Examples not signed in and then when signed in, both economy basic fares:

Old Nov 16, 2019, 5:16 am

HarryKUK likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 2:53 pm

77W

Hi, taking this flight soon, I notice on flight radar a few recent rotations have been completed by 77W? Does anyone know if this is scheduled or last minute swap outs? Fingers crossed ours will change!
Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:59 am

One of the usual fleet got stuck in Canada for a while after a diversion, so unfortunately pretty unlikely to happen again soon unless something else happens
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by sammyg901
One of the usual fleet got stuck in Canada for a while after a diversion, so unfortunately pretty unlikely to happen again soon unless something else happens
No. The impacted airframe was G-YMMU which has been operating to/from LHR for over a week.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Just seen a crew member posting on Insta "survived the flight from hell with broken IFE all the way, now time to survive in Suvarnabhumi Airport"
Old Feb 27, 2020, 5:18 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Am booked on LHR-BKK late January on the assumption that it would be at least refurbished 777 but to my chagrin when I did a dummy booking in WT still showing 3-3-3 and the CW still in back to back grrr! am hoping this might change as time passes, one can only hope

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.