Greetings from a snow free and dry LHR !

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:06 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
On BA 198 to Bom
its snowing outside not much but still
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by noddie09
Excellent news! If your flight gets cancelled I will see you at the CX F lounge @ 16:30 before my flight to Lisbon tonight
Happily now cruising at 33,000 ft, so won't be able to make that one I'm afraid !
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:02 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by flatlander
I think these comments all illustrate how hard it is to get the cancellations and weather planning right in very changeable circumstances.
The weather last night was a moving feast and it must have been a ridiculously difficult job to try and decide what to do for the best.

Even as far north as here, the forecast was changing every 10 minutes. At first we were going to get 10hrs of snow and then it was flipping back and forth between no snow and some snow for hours.

I think in the end, the band of snow stopped about 40 miles south and we saw nothing.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:15 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I'm just over 20 miles south-west of LHR. We have about 3" of snow here. Still snowing on and off, although not heavy now.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:17 am

Damned if you do and damned if you don't
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I came into T5 from Stuttgart a little after 8 last night, just started snowing when we got on the M25, but nothing too serious. We were lucky to avoid the cancellations (a half hour block of European arrivals around 21:30), but on the plus side we arrived early after a direct approach, no queues and the closest stand to A gates passports. The snow was patchy all the way back to SOU, some places quite heavy, other places none. Nothing of any substance down there this morning.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
Safe flight @Frequentflyer99
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:06 am

It reminds me of one of my most recent BA departures out of LHR and a comical pilot made this announcement. "Ladies and Gentlemen it is a perfect day to be flying but Air Traffic Control still cannot cope. We have been asked to stay on stand for at least 20 minutes beyond our shed jeweled departure time."
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Greetings from Southern California where it was 79F on my car thermometer yesterday, just after I went swimming in an outdoor pool. (Heated pool.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.