Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries Lounge - JFK - Positive Experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, SPG

I don't post very often, but I just wanted to comment on a very positive experience in the BA Galleries Pre-Flight Supper lounge. More specifically, the staff have been incredible. There are two ladies who are walking around to clear tables, but also offering refills on empty water and drinks glasses and wheeling around a gin and tonic drink cart every so often. I've been in plenty of lounges where it seems like you are an inconvenience to the lounge employees, but the employees here seem very genuine and happy to help in any way. I know there's some inconsistencies in BA service offerings (at least from what I've read on this forum), but I thought it was appropriate to also call out great service when it happens.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I agree with this - I was there recently and the service in the pre-flight dining in particular was really good, even though the place was busy

JFK lounges seem to be good for this - one of the best BA experiences I have had was a nice dinner in the CCR with really wonderful service from our server in particularly

in fairness, although they are very very busy I do find the lounge staff at LHR friendly and helpful if you make the effort to be polite and smile!
argonath likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Pre-flight dining in PHL was similarily good. Really enjoyed my time there although the food wasn't something to write home about, it was adequate and the service was nice.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
How will they stop people staying in the Flounge after they've eaten though, once the Galleries lounge reopens? Isn't the Flounge the only way in?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
any chance you recall what brands of Gin were on the cart?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’m not sure what the final layout will look like once all the work is finished - I think there will be a separate entrance to Galleries Club which will lead to the pre-flight dining; and the door back from the dining room to the Flounge is manned - partly to prevent OWE not travelling in Club to get into the dining, and partly I guess (ultimately) to prevent regular Club passengers getting to the Flounge after their meal

currently, the entrance to the Flounge (which is the way into the whole complex) is staffed by someone pretty persuasively trying to direct Club passengers direct to dining the the rear Club lounge room (which was a lot quieter than Flounge which was a zoo...as the encouragement was voluntary rather than mandatory...)

the gin trolley had a selection of 4-5 gins from what I recall - they had sipsmiths, maybe Brockmans? That sort of thing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.