Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Potential Winter Weather - London - 1 February 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Potential Winter Weather - London - 1 February 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold

Always looks worse when you stare at the arrivals board in person than it looks on paper!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by JimEddie
Looks like BA is doing further pro-active cancellations ahead of the potential snow forecast overnight. So far cancellations seem to be limited to the morning only and a limited number of shorthaul destinations.

As with the fog advisory yesterday, BA has kept in place the rebooking guidelines for all shorthaul services which are fairly generous, allowing rebooking up to 7 February. Where services are cancelled, the standard guidelines apply.

List of flights will undoubtedly follow. Now let's hope the snow isn't anywhere near as bad (in UK terms) as forecast.
Just wanted to say a big personal thank you to the OP for posting this, I was originally booked on BA972 to HAM which wasn’t cancelled as of last night. Travelling with my young child I’ve been pretty worried about the flight potentially missing the curfew at HAM as a result of knock on delays but as the tickets were POUG’d I had come to terms with the flight being non-changeable. However after seeing your post re the flexible rebooking I managed to call up and change to an earlier flight before the scramble - “just to be on the safe side”.

As I was enjoying a glass of bubbly in GC today I had an alert from TripCase that they ended up cancelling BA972 after all. If I hadn’t seen your post I would have had the alert as I was driving down the M2, so, thank you! You’ve really helped me dodge the bullet here. Phew.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 12:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by DarkHarlequin

Looking forward to the lounge at City for some breakfast and coffee ...wait a second...
Enjoy the lounge but don’t tell anyone where it is 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.