Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is check in open at Sydney airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:08 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Actually often they are not bending the rules for families. If you are a QF member, the family guesting rules are a lot more relaxed than other Oneworld airlines.

Each member can bring in 2 children aged up to 17 in addition to their adult guests.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Actually often they are not bending the rules for families. If you are a QF member, the family guesting rules are a lot more relaxed than other Oneworld airlines.

Each member can bring in 2 children aged up to 17 in addition to their adult guests.
That's domestic only though afaik

Anywhoo I'm not complaining, they always let me bring the whole family in when I was the only one with status or guest work colleagues

nice people
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
I’ll be flying from SYD in CW in a couple of months. If I’m HBO then I assume there’s no barrier to using a mobile BP in order to get to the lounge earlier?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by User Name
I’ll be flying from SYD in CW in a couple of months. If I’m HBO then I assume there’s no barrier to using a mobile BP in order to get to the lounge earlier?
I have never been able to use a mobile boarding pass with BA from SYD and it is not a supported route according to the website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...on-your-mobile
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
I have never been able to use a mobile boarding pass with BA from SYD and it is not a supported route according to the website: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...on-your-mobile
BA may need to do a physical document check to ensure you are admissible into UK.

Also once I had an issue with an Au smartgate that was not programmed to accept passports for that flight before the 3hr check in time limit. Had to wait 10 minutes for the (electronic) clock to tick over.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by flyer200

Anywhoo I'm not complaining, they always let me bring the whole family in when I was the only one with status or guest work colleagues

nice people
Not just domestic FYI.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
There is also an Amex lounge if you have a platinum Amex. In my experience checkin is usually 3.5 hours and rarely a queue in the F or J lines.
my experience is also around the same time.
but queues in F and J form way before then whilst they wait for the counters to open.
IIRC only 1 counter serving F
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by flyer200

nice people
no QF operated lounges internationally too.

are you a OW or QF member? surprised they are that flexible for the former.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
BA may need to do a physical document check to ensure you are admissible into UK.
Maybe so, although document checks and mobile boarding passes are not mutually exclusive. On many airlines (including BA) I have been issued a mobile BP and then had to get my documents checked in lounge or similar.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
They are trialling the use of the former Etihad lounge I believe, although OW card holders may still use the QF lounges. Overhead that at check in yesterday.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC-GGL, GFL, *A Gold, Hilton Diamond , IHG Diamond/Ambassador
The checkin desk do a team briefing at 12:30 and then open the desks. Normally thay is about 12:45 (for 16:30 ba16)

There is a smsrte carte left luggage facility downstairs in arrivals.

I was there on 26 jan.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
QF family rules also apply to intl lounges, and strangely previously at the T3 BA F lounge (family was not allowed in on my BA GGL, but could once I showed a QF plat). The only issue we have had is with QR where QF lounge agent said they specifically do not allow extended family guesting rules. Was not an issue was wife was QF Plat as well.

Note - in AU the flight needs to be “open” whatever that means to get through passport control. Due to a canx flight requiring earlier Dom connection, I was at MEL six or so hours before my onward QF flight and they (immigration) needed to make a calll to “open” the flight so I could pass through. Maybe a MEL thing....

Good to know the Amex lounge is not that great, as have been tempted to duck my head in.

KF
Old May 10, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
Just a data point: I was able to get a mobile BP via the app so went straight to security and then the F lounge at about 3h30 before departure.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:42 am

Just a data point: I was able to get a mobile BP via the app so went straight to security and then the F lounge at about 3h30 before departure.
Yes, sorry I should have come back to correct this. It's changed recently (this year I believe) as I discovered a couple of months back. You are now entirely correct and mobile boarding passes are available. Last couple of times I haven't had Express Path on the BP though so have had to pop to the desk to collect that although last week (May 8th) the EP was being refurbed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.