Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA First Wine - Staff 'Cheat' Sheet (Tier 2, Jan 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA First Wine - Staff 'Cheat' Sheet (Tier 2, Jan 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
What a kind gesture from the CC. Nice to know that the CC get more than just paper information. I had hoped that would be the case. Cheers.

Was given this at the end of my flight!

as I was leaving on way to Budapest for sister wedding CC asked to see my bag. I had stolen cutlery and thought I was rumbled! She slipped this in to my rucksack!
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by mikeijay
...I often sit in 1K and have to watch in horror as they pour it down the sink at the end of the flight. Once I winced loudly...
Wow what a waste! Do they do this with spirits also? If not, then why differentiate between wine and spirits...?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
Wow what a waste! Do they do this with spirits also? If not, then why differentiate between wine and spirits...?
Never Spirits thank god - id cry if I saw Blue Label being sent down the Thames!!

Remember the story of the crew member on Emirates filmed pouring glasses of Champers back into the bottle
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Ł5 a bottle or 2 for Ł9 at Morrisons.
Exactly, in my local US version of Odd Bins its never more than $10. A couple (maybe even 5) years ago in BA First the flight attendant insisted I try the Sauvignon Blanc. Turned out to be Merry Edwards Russian River Valley and it was simply delicious. I still buy it today, it's in the $35 range. BA is truly scraping the barrel....
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
So when the CC put the F spirits into their own luggage- is that allowed?
Absolutely not, I would be shocked to see that happen and would suspend that crew member straight away.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by mikeijay

Never Spirits thank god - id cry if I saw Blue Label being sent down the Thames!!

Remember the story of the crew member on Emirates filmed pouring glasses of Champers back into the bottle
I agree, good news that the spirits don't get this demise! Even so, it is strange how wine and champagne are treated differently and part-drunk bottles get sloshed down the drain

Ah - CIHY, you've arrived! Why the difference in treatment for wine/spirits pls?

Last edited by Flexible preferences; Jan 30, 2019 at 2:05 pm Reason: CIHY is here
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wine isn’t thrown away unless it’s in London, we have wine stoppers for anything not used into our out stations.
Spirts all have tops and the bottles can be topped out when they are returned to our bonded stores.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:27 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by bingobob777
Villa Maria Sauvignon Blanc....in First?
The winery is on the end of the runway at AKL 🤮

And Costco will do you a case for about Ł30 so god knows what BA actually pay for it.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:34 pm

Its disgusting stuff at the best of times!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Wine isn’t thrown away unless it’s in London, we have wine stoppers for anything not used into our out stations.
Spirts all have tops and the bottles can be topped out when they are returned to our bonded stores.
Always wanted to know that! Is that the same for white wine or just the reds that keep a bit longer?
Recently on way back from a warmer climate two bottles of white on the same flight that had gone fizzy, didn’t smell very encouraging and one tasted a bit like Andre Brut from my salad days!

If it wasn’t for the flight crews slowly educating me about good wine I would have probably guzzled it happily!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes whites as well, part bottles would be used first so would have been open for probably less than 12 hours, the fact there were two bottle of off wines indicates that they were not opened bottles but a faulty batch.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Le Club Accor Hotels Silver, Marriott Gold
So when the CC put the F spirits into their own luggage- is that allowed?
We can buy miniatures of spirits under a crew purchase scheme (not all desinations allow this and there is a limit on how much you can purchase).

Crew are certainly not allowed to put the large free pour bottles from First into their bags. They can however buy large bottles of spirits from the Duty Free.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by bhdcommuter

We can buy miniatures of spirits under a crew purchase scheme (not all desinations allow this and there is a limit on how much you can purchase).

Crew are certainly not allowed to put the large free pour bottles from First into their bags. They can however buy large bottles of spirits from the Duty Free.
i saw a crew member placing a clear duty free bag of miniatures and mixers into her bag on Sunday. This was a long band CE flight returning to LHR. Since there wasn’t much attempt to hide it - I could see into the galley from 1A through the partially open curtain - I assumed it was legit, but I was quite surprised. Sorry to go off topic.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:46 pm

...and Villa Maria Pinot Noir in the F lounge at T5 on Saturday morning.

Palmer
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
A friend of mine was a buyer at the supplier BA uses for F, and he'd send these docs to me (together with his recommendations) on the few occasions we'd be in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.