Changing an I fare ticket

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Yes. But, you will also need to read the contract you agreed to with the OTA. Those third-party vendors often impose conditions above and beyond the fare rules. It goes without saying that if the BA fare rules are wholly inflexible, you are free from that secondary assignment.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Palty
Just contacted the OTA their saying it can't be changed..... annoying
That suggests that that is what you agreed to when you bought the ticket. Do you have screenshots of the fare rules displayed to you when you bought it?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globaliser
That is what you agreed to when you bought the ticket. Do you have screenshots of the fare rules displayed to you when you bought it?
nope I don't
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
nope I don't
Assuming that none of the other documentation sent to you by the OTA contains the fare rules, either, it's then going to be quite hard to find reliable information about your fare rules by any alternative route. In other words, you're likely to have to just accept what the OTA now says to you about the fare rules.

An OTA may or may not have sold you a BA published fare - you can try to work this out by taking the base fare of your ticket and comparing it to the fares on the fare ladder for your ticketing date, which you can get if you have an ExpertFlyer subscription, and thence go to the full fare rules - but if you went to an OTA because it was cheaper, then it won't have been a BA published fare and it's far from guaranteed that your fare rules are identical to the rules of BA's published fares that day.

At any rate, what we can say is that if the OTA says that you can't make changes to your ticket, that's consistent with what BA's own fare rules would have been for an I class ticket: no changes means no changes.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:06 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Are they on your confirmation email?
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
yes direct return
(is that called exUK?)
Ex-UK means it's leaving from the UK vs. say France.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.