Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Chase Travel Together ticket,. Skipping a segment

Old Jan 28, 19, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA BA, Starwwood, Hilton

Hi
we are booked on JFK> LHR> AMS (travel completed) and return AMS> LHR stop over>JFK

My Anglophile travel companion wishes to leave AMS before our tickted flight for London (skipping the AMS>LHR segment) but again flying together as booked on LHR > JFK

If I'm alone on the AMS segment
Will BA cancel my ticket? What about our tickets from LHR>JFK?

(Apologies in advance if when II searched the forum I missed an answer)

​​​​
Old Jan 28, 19, 10:25 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Your ticket will not be affected if you fly the AMS-LHR segment while your friend does not. Your friend's ticket will be canceled and they won't be able to continue to JFK with you. This assumes that you are the main cardholder and not the companion.
DCTomD likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 2:25 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
As noted above your companion's successive flights will be cancelled if they miss one in the middle of the itinerary without very good reason.

If they are so strongly Anglophilic, they could avail themselves of a flight to the UK and then a flight back. They can go back-to-back at AMS, so they buy a separate ticket AMS-LHR (not necessarily on BA, Easyjet works fine on this route) and also a BA ticket LHR-AMS on the same aircraft that they are already booked to begin AMS-LHR-JFK.
DCTomD likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Thank you both for the prompt reply, even if the information wasn't what I hoped .

On a side note, this is my third 2-4-1 BA Chase ticket. The free meant my twotFirst Class tickets cost just over what two WT+ Flexible tickets would have cost. Flying premium cabin is nice, but the excessive rules make the travel experience too complicated. On a similar note I don't fly super cheap basic economy fares either. I'm looking forward to one las5 First experience in a 747-400 . Then time to think what's the better travel reward program?

Originally Posted by Andriyko View Post
Your ticket will not be affected if you fly the AMS-LHR segment while your friend does not. Your friend's ticket will be canceled and they won't be able to continue to JFK with you. This assumes that you are the main cardholder and not the companion.
Old Jan 29, 19, 4:17 am

Programs: AA EP 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
In this case, similar consequences would apply if your companion's ticket was purchased for cash.

The only additional restriction is about the main cardholder travelling so if the companion is the cardholder, you are also affected.

Other than that these are very standard ticket conditions.
Old Jan 29, 19, 4:20 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
how long is your 'stopover' between arriving in LHR and departing for JFK.

Knowing that will help you get some more tailored advice to enable your friend to retain their LHR-JFK flight
Old Jan 29, 19, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
They can go back-to-back at AMS, so they buy a separate ticket AMS-LHR (not necessarily on BA, Easyjet works fine on this route) and also a BA ticket LHR-AMS on the same aircraft that they are already booked to begin AMS-LHR-JFK.
I'm not aware of EZY flying to LHR
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Jan 29, 19, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Hi, Our stopover is for four days.

Tom