Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

While this sounds incredibly mean and pathetic, one can almost imagine a sequence of events that leads to this absurd result, with the local BA manager negotiating with CX on access lounge and pointing out that CX are charging more for lounge access than lounge XYZ elsewhere at SFO, the CX lounge negotiator then pointing out that the CX lounge has superior amenities compared to lounge XYZ including hot food at the noodle's bar, at which point the BA manager states that BA customers do not need hot food, followed by the CX lounge negotiator looking incredulously at the BA manager and saying: "if this is what you really want...", and the BA manager agreeing the lower price in return of no noodle bar access.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
1: The aninmated CX Chef may recently have experienced the less than warm welcome for non BA PAX at the ORD Lounge
they might have been doing him a favour! The staff are pleasant but the lounges there awful!
Old Jan 30, 2019, 10:43 am

I am actually surprised that CX would make a price differential between noodle bar and non-noodle bar. Once the facility is in place and the fixed costs such as equipment and chef are accounted for, the difference in costs vs the filled rolls, cheese plates, meat plates etc that are also on offer must be negligible. For CX to make a price differential on this aspect of their lounge supply only doesn't seem plausible. The champagne and high-end spirits cost more surely? This is mostly why I find this account odd.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
One of the things I find interesting about the BA threads is the amount of trust put in the comments of ground staff. Does the chef in the CX lounge really have direct access to what BA said or did/done (grammar, right?)?

It could totally have been a CX decision.
JFX1764 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sealink
It could totally have been a CX decision.
I suspect this might be right. I thought the enthusiasm with which I was urged to complain to BA (by three members of staff in total) was quite odd.
Old Jan 30, 2019, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
I wonder if the OneWorld lounge contract says that access must be granted but is grey on if all amenities have to be offered or not? And the Local team are capitalising on that by charging for noodle access to which BA have said no way....

doesnt seem that this this could be a global decision or we’d have seen it elsewhere, not least Heathrow where BA pax must cost Cathay a lot in Noodles. I suggest those who have experienced it do escalate to BA as I suspect globally it’s not something they would want to see happen more so needs nipping in the bud...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:16 pm

Just arrived at lounge. The noodle crisis of 2019 is ended. I have been given a blue ticket from Office Depot that will enable me to get noodles.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:17 pm

Tdgraves likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
I don’t know about SFO, but we lowly BA pax definitely did enjoy the noodle bar at LHR T3 CX lounge. We were only flying WT+, with me guesting m’bronze missus thru my Silver status. No question of showing BPs or any other problems at all.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by groenroos
I don’t know about SFO, but we lowly BA pax definitely did enjoy the noodle bar at LHR T3 CX lounge. We were only flying WT+, with me guesting m’bronze missus thru my Silver status. No question of showing BPs or any other problems at all.
lucky you. Much of week, cx refuses access to the lhr lounge to people on non cx flights till 6pm because they were to full with students etc.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Just arrived at lounge. The noodle crisis of 2019 is ended. I have been given a blue ticket from Office Depot that will enable me to get noodles.
Seriously? Wow...CX stoops to AA drink coupon levels.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:49 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
How does that work? Only one bowl per pax?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
lucky you. Much of week, cx refuses access to the lhr lounge to people on non cx flights till 6pm because they were to full with students etc.
Our BA flight was at 1605, and we generally only go to CX first for the noodles only, before fleeing the rush of HKG pax, and off to the AA lounge for the self-service bar and cookie jars.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: AA EXP and Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Much of week, cx refuses access to the lhr lounge to people on non cx flights till 6pm because they were to full with students etc.
This would be very big news indeed; I've never heard of BA passengers being denied entry to the CX lounge at LHR T3. How long ago is it believed that this started happening?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:18 am

The plot thickens, y The man next to me on Cathay had a red ticket from staples. They were denying ba guests access. I am gold and was directed there by ba staff at check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.