Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
Just do like Elaine did: steal the recipe and pass it on to BA.

Or paraphrasing George: independent Cathay and relationship Cathay - Oneworld colliding.
VSLover and Zorak like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:20 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
I suspect this is just an offshoot due to the ongoing rift between BA and CX which was recently discussed on the forum.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Wow, you met a real life "Soup Nazi"
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
Strange - coincidentaly when checking in for my Lhr-Prg flight on Sunday evening the BA agent actually suggested that I visited the CX f lounge. First time this has ever happned in over 10 years of travel!
OF
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:44 pm

I am flying from there in a couple of weeks. Shall I email BA in advance to confirm the noodle position?

They have already sent, me an email telling me which lounge to use and it wasn't CX. China airlines?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

When I asked for clarification, the two receptionists echoed what the chef said, suggesting that BA had specifically removed the noodle bar provision for BA pax in their contract with CX (I assume for the SFO lounge only, but I don't know). Which - if that's even true - seems utterly bizarre.

As for arguing with the chef, I was just very happy to get out of wanton-bashing distance.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Which would cost them more to provide - some doodle noodles or oodles of booze?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by newyorklondon
When I asked for clarification, the two receptionists echoed what the chef said, suggesting that BA had specifically removed the noodle bar provision for BA pax in their contract with CX (I assume for the SFO lounge only, but I don't know). Which - if that's even true - seems utterly bizarre.

As for arguing with the chef, I was just very happy to get out of wanton-bashing distance.
On the face of it, this does seem very specific for a lounge contract agreement, and I can't see how the difference between eating noodles/soup, versus something else from the lounge would make that much difference in cost. The word 'suggesting' seems a little vague, and the original dialogue from the chef seemed incoherent to me. Did they actually say specifically that BA had changed the lounge contract to exclude the noodle bar? This just doesn't sound plausible to me.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:29 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Hertz pres circle, Marriott Platinum, hilton diamond
Sounds like a job for a post on ba’s Twitter “can you please confirm that you’ve specifically removed access to noodle soup at the CX lounge in SFO on our Ł5000 business class tickets?”

would be quite entertaining to see their response and spluttering justification
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The word 'suggesting' seems a little vague, and the original dialogue from the chef seemed incoherent to me. Did they actually say specifically that BA had changed the lounge contract to exclude the noodle bar? This just doesn't sound plausible to me.
The chef was just angry and not particularly coherent, whereas the two receptionists said specifically that "BA has excluded the noodle/soup bar for BA pax from their contract for the lounge with CX" and that they'd appreciate it if I made a complaint to BA. What I was not clear on is whether this is a recent change (i.e. from the start of the year, for example, which is what I thought they were suggesting).

I agree it all sounds implausible, but that's the story they are telling.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Jan 29, 2019 at 6:22 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:55 pm

Seems odd BA would have a contract with a OW lounge? Surely OW membership provides the lounge contracts and flat rate charges?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, BA Gold
I had this happen back in December. Chef asked which airline and when mentioning BA, she said sorry, BA doesn't pay for it. She was polite. Had soup in LHR T3 on the same trip. I was going to post about it but I forgot. Surprised this only emerged here almost a month and a half later.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:21 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Sounds like an expose by @Raffles is needed
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Will keep an eye on this as I hope such ruling won't be applied to the T3 CX lounge. Have a few ex T3 trips coming up this summer. I want my Dan Dan Mien
Old Jan 30, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
Was in CDG CX last weekend - No question of presenting a boarding pass at the Noodle Bar - I got my noodles no problem. No Moet though (is that just a T3 London thing?)
Will be in SFO later this year, I ruddy well hope they won't be witholding the noodles - what an outrage if so!
Sealink likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.