Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:23 am

At check in I asked about the noodles when directed to the lounge and was told that there were no noodles for BA guest. She said that it would be sorted soon as the ‘chief executives’ were going to talk about it soon. That amused me that the heads of BA and Cathay were going to talk about noodles at sfo. I asked about noodles at the lounge and was given the blue token.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
At check in I asked about the noodles when directed to the lounge and was told that there were no noodles for BA guest. She said that it would be sorted soon as the ‘chief executives’ were going to talk about it soon. That amused me that the heads of BA and Cathay were going to talk about noodles at sfo. I asked about noodles at the lounge and was given the blue token.
What we need is an alliance of airlines where this sort of thing would be a thing of the past.

Oh...
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What we need is an alliance of airlines where this sort of thing would be a thing of the past.

Oh...
ROTFL!

rb211.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ExpatExp
This would be very big news indeed; I've never heard of BA passengers being denied entry to the CX lounge at LHR T3. How long ago is it believed that this started happening?
Twice last week and a further time to a friend of mine this week. Not specifically BA pax, just all pax on non-CX flights, both J and F lounges, and each time in the period between 4 and 6pm. In my case, they said they'd accept us again after 6 if we wanted (but that was too late for us) ["we don't have space with all the students and so on"]

Last edited by orbitmic; Feb 22, 2019 at 11:52 pm
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Twice last week and a further time to a friend of mine this week. Not specifically BA pax, just all pax on non-CX flights, both J and F lounges, and each time in the period between 4 and 6pm. In my case, they said they'd accept us again after 6 if we wanted (but that was too late for us) ["we don't have space with all the students and so on"]
And to me last week. You're right, I think it's only in a small time period in the late afternoon where CX currently have 2 777s leaving within an hour of each other (not sure if this is every day). Makes sense and I took the rejection with good grace.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Makes sense and I took the rejection with good grace.
Same here. Gave me a chance to experience the (in my view pretty but average) QF lounge which I never bothered to go to before.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Same here. Gave me a chance to experience the (in my view pretty but average) QF lounge which I never bothered to go to before.
QF lounge? At SFO? Do you mean the airfrance lounge that QF uses?
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by olouie
If you look at the message I was responding to you'll see that that part of our discussion had moved 5000 miles to LHR T3
Old Feb 23, 2019, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by olouie

Hi,
I suspect the poster refered to the QF lounge at LHR T3 ( as the CX lounge was at capacity) although we are drifting off topic from SFO.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:38 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
I'm on a lounge crawl at SFO now before heading off on JAL to Haneda, I can confirm that no ticket or bp needed for noodles in CX lounge as the noodle bar looks like a seaside chip shop off season, ie not open for business.

The Sakura lounge is pitiful

Where next?
Old Feb 25, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
I'm on a lounge crawl at SFO now before heading off on JAL to Haneda, I can confirm that no ticket or bp needed for noodles in CX lounge as the noodle bar looks like a seaside chip shop off season, ie not open for business.

The Sakura lounge is pitiful

Where next?

SFO has pretty terrible lounges in A let alone for OW. The CX lounge is probably the best one, but unless you got in before noon PT the noodle bar closes on commencing of the CX day flight. I usually stay in the CX lounge even when they downgrade the offerings to off hours as the alcohol selection is still great the atmosphere is great and as you’re flying JAL I wouldn’t worry too much about the food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.