Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

NO SOUP FOR YOU! (CX noodle bar access for BA pax at SFO)

Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by streetmagix
That all seems pretty petty, restricting certain lounge features to those travelling on certain flights or airlines . Not really in the spirit of OneWorld...
you mean like BA has always restricted Club dining to those in J or more on certain airlines and the likes?
mrow, Sealink, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:46 am

Wow ... this would be a turn up for the books!
Old Jan 29, 2019, 12:48 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by shefgab
Is this a worldwide policy? Can we still get soup in LHR?
Don't worry LHR is fine. I've even been encouraged to try more things for breakfast last Friday
shefgab likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:38 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by orbitmic

you mean like BA has always restricted Club dining to those in J or more on certain airlines and the likes?
BA still provides sandwiches, soup, etc, to all passengers in the lounge.

A bowl of noodles is hardly the same as a pre-flight meal.
streetmagix likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:07 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Does this only apply for BA pax with no one world status? Entering under OneWorld rules should avail the passenger to all the services of the lounge no?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by flatlander

The way it was explained to me when I was at the CX SFO lounge is that hot food is part of the pre-flight dining and part of the CX business/first class product. No surprise that it is restricted to CX J/F ticket holders. It is not open at all times when the lounge is open.

Originally Posted by flylikelinz
Does this only apply for BA pax with no one world status? Entering under OneWorld rules should avail the passenger to all the services of the lounge no?
Not when it concerns class of service specific services.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:02 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Andriyko
The way it was explained to me when I was at the CX SFO lounge is that hot food is part of the pre-flight dining and part of the CX business/first class product. No surprise that it is restricted to CX J/F ticket holders. It is not open at all times when the lounge is open.
Someone's telling you furphies here. There's no such concept as "pre-flight" dining for Business/First class on CX. For CX flights ex-SFO, if you are are a oneworld Sapphire/Emerald flying economy, you will get the same lounge service as those flying F and J.

Originally Posted by flylikelinz
It appears that due to capacity constraints, not all oneworld members are able to enter the CX lounge. I thought I had read somewhere that only BA Gold members were allowed to enter the CX lounge - everyone else had to use the China Airlines Dynasty lounge. But I can't find the source for this right now.

Edit: this is where I read it: Denied entry to CX SFO Lounge as OWE
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
did you get a chance to talk to someone there at the lounge, it would have been interesting to see their response.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by newyorklondon;30712578x
CHEF: "Can I see you boarding pass please."

ME: "Er..." [hands over boarding pass

CHEF: "HA! British Airways! NO SOUP FOR YOU!"
I stopped when I noticed he looked genuinely annoyed, pent up, and possibly readying himself to jump over the counter and club me with a killer wanton.

CHEF: "Yeah, you take it up with BA. They were REALLY RUDE."

I sort of gently backed away, and brought up the issue at the reception desk. The receptionists explained, somewhat more calmly, that BA have removed access to the noodle bar in their contract with CX.
You backed off? After he had spoken to you like that? Irrespective of the rules i'd have him out to his face, not on the internet which he will probably never read. That said, he has a point - have you contacted BA? Maybe they might have a reason to offer you?

the only thing is i think most BA pax dont need winning over to CX..
If they behave like this, I rather think that they do.

Pathetic
For a bowl of noodles? I could not agree more. My battlelines are far more significant than a few carbs floating in liquid.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:07 am

This does sound cheap, even if they be busier with BA pax than usual due to the BA lounge being refitted.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by flatlander
BA still provides sandwiches, soup, etc, to all passengers in the lounge.

Indeed they do.

The Oasis Soup is realy good.

SIngs the tune " You get a Roll With It, You Get a Roll With It, You Get A Roll, Get A Roll"

I'll get me coat.................
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
This does sound cheap, even if they be busier with BA pax than usual due to the BA lounge being refitted.
If it is true, it is not CX that is being cheap but BA who pays for the lounge access.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
CHEF: "Yeah, you take it up with BA. They were REALLY RUDE."

I sort of gently backed away, and brought up the issue at the reception desk. The receptionists explained, somewhat more calmly, that BA have removed access to the noodle bar in their contract with CX.

Is this new? Have I just been lucky before? Is this a global phenomenon? WHAT'S GOING ON?
If the chef said BA were really rude, clearly he's had some kind of run in with someone from BA at some point.

Fancy not having access to the noodle bar in a CX lounge. That's one of the main reasons to visit their lounges. I'd love to know what the price premium is for access to noodle bar vs no access to noodle bar.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:30 am

Odd, as its long been thought (and certainly once was) that Oneworld airlines pay a flat fee for lounge access to each other. Food consumed was never part of it, and I've never noticed anyone at CX lounges caring who you are or what you order before. BA trying to squeeze the lounge fees and this is CX's retaliation?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by 1010101
Odd, as its long been thought (and certainly once was) that Oneworld airlines pay a flat fee for lounge access to each other. Food consumed was never part of it, and I've never noticed anyone at CX lounges caring who you are or what you order before. BA trying to squeeze the lounge fees and this is CX's retaliation?
Or maybe the chef was mistaken...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.