BA12 15hr Delay SIN-LHR

Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 1210mk2

BA16 i was not offered, maybe due to only being a silver so much priority before me. Will you extend your current hotel and claim back? Im not sure they will honour an extra night for me in my hotel at Ł300. I dont really fancy ba putting me in the airport for 36 hours though....

Yes, I haven’t discussed accommodation with BA. I’ve organised my own hotel and will send in the receipts for accommodation and food when I return.

I will not be claiming EC261 compensation as I’ll not be out of pocket, and I will have enjoyed a nice, unexpected end to an otherwise ordinary business trip.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I will not be claiming EC261 compensation as I’ll not be out of pocket, and I will have enjoyed a nice, unexpected end to an otherwise ordinary business trip.
Even if you don't need the money, you should still claim and give to a less worthy cause, like a charity... Just a thought.
SW7London, jordie and cauchy like this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 4:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Food courts, etc, in Singapore give receipts. Even the hawker centres do so in my experience.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:00 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
There are certainly tons of nice restaurants in Singapore, but for a one night deal like this I like the Sheraton Towers for proximity to the Newton Food Centre or the Vagabond Club for the Berseh Food Centre. Former is open air while the latter is closed in. Never unhappy with an extra night in Singapore

Incidentally, a few of the small cafes and small restaurants in the Jalan Besar/Victoria Road areas don't take cards; it's not hard to find somewhere that does, but if you have a specific place in mind you might be disappointed. I always carry a bit of cash depending on where I am going to be there and still have some with me.
20Rothmans likes this.

Last edited by MarkedMan; Jan 29, 2019 at 5:08 am
Old Jan 29, 2019, 5:03 am

G-XLED developed a fuel leak and the BA11 was subsequently night stopped so definitely tech related.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, Flying Blue Gold, MH Enrich Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Also booked on the flight in Club with a connecting flight to Brussels.
Called GGL line at 8am singapore time and spoke to the India team. All they could offer was to be rebooked in Premium economy... They said they could not do anything else and only airport team could rebook me on another airline... There were plenty of options available.
Then out of nowhere, my booking got changed to SIN-HEL-BRU in Economy...
Finally got to the airport and was hoping to get them to change the Finnair flights to Business as the timing was great... but finally realised that the finnair flight was also delayed by 12 hours.
The BA duty manager was very helpful and proposed several alternative options including Qatar and SQ, all in Business... Finally chose SQ via Frankfurt as it was the fastest option.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 10:50 am

Programs: BA Gold AVIS Presidents Club
1210MK2 Sorry to hear of your delay. I was delayed about 6 hrs a few months back on BA 12 and BA coughed up Euro 600 via a claim on the BA website within a week.

OF

Last edited by OldFruity; Jan 29, 2019 at 10:55 am Reason: BA no's
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:04 am
Suspended

many time I saw BA passengers moved to SQ so Singapore Airlines should be option for You
Greyscot likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:22 pm

BA11 appears to be at least three hours late departing tonight (29th) too.

I hope it's on time tomorrow...

Last edited by SteveF; Jan 29, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:17 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
However, I am not familiar with identifying codes so perhaps someone with knowledge re this can advise but my instinct at the bolded part is TU which I am sure means Technical Unservicable so maybe a part is required?

Pete
Erm ... I'm not that knowledgeable either ... but I think TU = Tuesday ...??

Regards,

BD
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SteveF
BA11 appears to be at least three hours late departing tonight (29th) too.

I hope it's on time tomorrow...
yes i spotted this. Its on the ground in SIN still by 6-7pm for a 2315 departure so should be good.

Thanks to all above for their help/guidence. Great forum
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OldFruity
1210MK2 Sorry to hear of your delay. I was delayed about 6 hrs a few months back on BA 12 and BA coughed up Euro 600 via a claim on the BA website within a week.

OF
oh no that sounds worse. 5-6am departure. I guess in that case no hotel? Hope you had lounge access
Old Feb 4, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

to update.. We made it back 27 hours late. Our connection upto newcastle was cancelled due to the cold weather so we were put on the next one. Tried to submit claims through the BA website but its not working. Called them and they just totted up my expenses on the phone and sent the bank transfer along with the EU261 in a separate transfer. Took me all of about 6 minutes and no questions asked. They did not even require me to send in the receipts! I take my hat off to BA. On another note the BA 12 that we were rebooked on, the TV did not work for the journey. This has happened to me a couple of times on the A380. Pretty bad. Again thanks to all for help/advice.
ukgooner and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Going back a bit but I was also meant to be on this flight (actually BA16 from SYD then BA12) - having seen the text from BA I turned up in SYD with a few CX reroute options to 'suggest' but on reaching the desk found they'd rebooked on BA16 all the way through. I don't much like the 777 CW cabin for 14 hours straight but can't complain too much, I'm not slow to criticise when they get it wrong but they did a good job getting me home on time so fair play. Between that and a J>F op-up on the way out a very good trip really...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.