BA12 15hr Delay SIN-LHR

Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by 1210mk2
id happily eat in the hotel, bit to be honest i havent been due to the prices... il limit the food as much as possible and im not claiming taxis etc only using subway. Hope they honour the full night short notice stay price.
There are so many cheap (and excellent quality!) places to eat in Singapore I'm not sure I would ever recommend limiting yourself to a hotel restaurant. Go out and enjoy the hawker fare and you will not be spending much, and for sure it is better than McDonalds
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:45 pm

Thanks for infos. Ive not been in this situation before for expenses, only flight compo. We took the andaz room no breakfast. So breakfast lunch and dinner will be on BA tomorrow.. so if say gbp Ł15 breakfast, Ł20-30 for lunch and dinner? Thats what my work allows when I travel with my job.
Dinner tonight at that price I'd say is OK and I'd have the hotel breakfast and have it charged to the room. With that and a 2pm departure not sure anything else would be paid (or even if I'd want a big lunch!), so I'd probably put a snack/coffee at the airport as "lunch" and a taxi receipt in the claim and if those two didn't get paid then fair enough....
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by rossmacd
There are so many cheap (and excellent quality!) places to eat in Singapore I'm not sure I would ever recommend limiting yourself to a hotel restaurant. Go out and enjoy the hawker fare and you will not be spending much, and for sure it is better than McDonalds
you are quite right. Ive been to hawker centers about 4 times in the last 5 days

receipts may be an issue however...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:47 pm

Their rooftop bar is pretty cool though dinner and drinks in a tee-pee with great views sounds appealing to me - haven't been myself but my friends rate it highly!
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:52 pm

Many places take cards (it is Singapore after all), so have the ability to give you a card receipt.

I cannot remember the last time I went to Singapore and had cash. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago?
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Dinner tonight at that price I'd say is OK and I'd have the hotel breakfast and have it charged to the room. With that and a 2pm departure not sure anything else would be paid (or even if I'd want a big lunch!), so I'd probably put a snack/coffee at the airport as "lunch" and a taxi receipt in the claim and if those two didn't get paid then fair enough....
its not a 2pm as due to my connection I have been rebooked 24hrs later. If I went on the original delayed flight I would arrive in LHR around 8-9pm and then would have to be put up in a hotel again as next connection is 7am next day. By them rebooking me, the flight connects as before just a day later. Only 1 noght hotel needed.

il skip hotel breakfast as I think its unreasonable.. not a big breakfast kind of guy..
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:07 pm
Original Poster

Many places take cards (it is Singapore after all), so have the ability to give you a card receipt.

I cannot remember the last time I went to Singapore and had cash. Maybe 7 or 8 years ago?
i would assume an itemised receipt would be mandatory?

We have actually had to get more cash out for this extra day. Some places dont wven take visa, only mastercard. Amex has been ok a lot. Grab pay i need to set up, seems you can link a paypal
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:12 pm

Programs: BA, SQ

you are quite right. Ive been to hawker centers about 4 times in the last 5 days

Upgrade yourself slightly to a food court, where you'll have a/c too and card machines

Try to spend the evening around the bay/river/padang area. There's some fantastic light displays/art work going on at the moment for the bicentennial.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:14 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Has there been any reason ascertained for the delay? This will determine whether you are due EU compensation.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Have you asked about being moved to Singapore Airlines? In a similar situation previously, i was rebooked onto SQ, though that was on a revenue F booking so not sure it's always a possibility.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Their rooftop bar is pretty cool though dinner and drinks in a tee-pee with great views sounds appealing to me - haven't been myself but my friends rate it highly!
your friends are not liars, its a great place to spend some time on an evening
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
Have you asked about being moved to Singapore Airlines? In a similar situation previously, i was rebooked onto SQ, though that was on a revenue F booking so not sure it's always a possibility.
on the phone to ba singapore they were not able to offer anything except ba availability. They advised only the on duty manager at the airport may be able to offer other airlines but that would mean joining a few hundred people at 5pm tonight after checking out with no guarrantee of better outcome.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sxc
Has there been any reason ascertained for the delay? This will determine whether you are due EU compensation.
i have been told on phone that it is technical but nothing written down. Another guy kindly pasted the infos from expert flyer with some codes above but i have no idea if it is proof of a technical. It doesnt point to weather at all. 21hr weather delay out of london yesterday, i know its cold at home but come on!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold

on the phone to ba singapore they were not able to offer anything except ba availability. They advised only the on duty manager at the airport may be able to offer other airlines but that would mean joining a few hundred people at 5pm tonight after checking out with no guarrantee of better outcome.
Yes, that can be the issue. It does have to be dealt with in conversation with airline staff at check in, not on the phone. I can certainly see why you'd rather just put your feet up in a decent hotel!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wong Jnr
Upgrade yourself slightly to a food court, where you'll have a/c too and card machines

Try to spend the evening around the bay/river/padang area. There's some fantastic light displays/art work going on at the moment for the bicentennial.
i think I stumbled across some of this on sunday night outside the Fullerton. I might go take a look in more detail as i had a few beers that night. Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.