Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

51st & Green US Pre-Clearance Lounge Access

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

51st & Green US Pre-Clearance Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by PETER01
I've never been in that lounge so can't comment but I see posts are coming in already including a T8191 mini report.

Off topic but very relevant of course can I say welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board Pinto31 ^
Thanks for the welcome!
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:31 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
You can pay in for €35 if you wish. I reviewed the lounge here, so it may help you make up your mind. https://travelupdate.boardingarea.co...lounge-dublin/

I was impressed when I was there because you can get cocktails made to order, along with barista coffee. All free, of course. There is also a decent selection of food.

It's the best lounge at Dublin Airport of all the ones I've tried (which is all but the Etihad lounge).
for 35, can’t you get a cocktail or coffee (why both) and a decent meal outside the lounge?
argonath likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by footballfanatic

for 35, can’t you get a cocktail or coffee (why both) and a decent meal outside the lounge?
The Terminal beyond the US Border is somewhat bleak, IIRC. I have seen coffee and sandwiches on sale, but not noticed anything more than that.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:38 am

Makes sense. Still wouldn’t pay for a third party lounge though.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Having sought out the information for lounge access, I am still not sure whether I would I have access to this lounge with BA Silver/ OW Sapphire status, flying on a BA marketed 125 ticket in economy but on AA metal?
Old May 24, 2019, 11:47 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by IntVic
Having sought out the information for lounge access, I am still not sure whether I would I have access to this lounge with BA Silver/ OW Sapphire status, flying on a BA marketed 125 ticket in economy but on AA metal?
Yes - any brand of OWS/E flying AA metal gets access.
Old May 24, 2019, 11:59 pm

Programs: BAEC OW Gold/Emerald
Originally Posted by Dambus

Yes - any brand of OWS/E flying AA metal gets access.
Thanks Dambus... that's good to know. Passing the time in the lounge certainly looks better than in the gate area.

Last edited by IntVic; May 24, 2019 at 11:59 pm Reason: grammar
Old May 25, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by T8191
The Terminal beyond the US Border is somewhat bleak, IIRC. I have seen coffee and sandwiches on sale, but not noticed anything more than that.
If travelling mid to late-morning during the peak of the TATL wave, the upper level of the pier is open also. Still only coffee, drinks and snacks from various carts / small bars but the atmosphere on the upper level is less claustrophobic. It is accessed via a staircase 2/3 down the pier.

There are glass partitions so they can flex up and down the space allocated to pre-cleared passengers like they do in T1 at YYZ. Mid morning is a lull in EI’s Europe operation so they only need the few gates closest to the main terminal, along with their new bus satellite and the 300s pier.
MarkFlies likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 3:57 am

I like the lounge, it’s comfortable, has decent food, drinks etc, and not a noisy place to relax watching aircraft movements.
All my business class flights these days are paid out of my own pocket, so trips are infrequent, but personally, I find it better than sone of the American offerings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.