Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA T5 mythical flight connection through N Security

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL

I believe I read somewhere on here that you can connect between BA flights via N Security at T5. The Flight Connections place I normally end up at feeds to S Security, and the fast track is ... never fast (tempted to exit via passport control and re-enter via first wing). Where is the N Security route (if it exists)?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The fast track route is up the escalator from flight connections to north security.

The slow track can feed into south security from flight connections. Sometimes its up the adjacent elevator to north security
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by abligh
(tempted to exit via passport control and re-enter via first wing)
If you have access to the e-passport gates then this would normally be the faster route.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:50 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I believe I read somewhere on here that you can connect between BA flights via N Security at T5. The Flight Connections place I normally end up at feeds to S Security, and the fast track is ... never fast (tempted to exit via passport control and re-enter via first wing). Where is the N Security route (if it exists)?
as you exit from the bp check at connections there are two escalators going up to the right wiith a fast track sign and usually a HAL employee stood there to check eligibility.

the plan in this post may give you an idea of where that is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25935784-post4.html
Old Jan 28, 2019, 5:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If you are looking for an alternate flight connections then there is one at the B gates and can be used for connections arriving into and departing from B and C gates
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
as you exit from the bp check at connections there are two escalators going up to the right wiith a fast track sign and usually a HAL employee stood there to check eligibility.

the plan in this post may give you an idea of where that is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25935784-post4.html
Perhaps I am confused about my North and South. I arrive at Flight Connections and stick to the right leading to FastTrack and my BP gets checked for fast track. I then go through BP gates, and turn right up an escalator (there is a pair of escalators, and the right one is fast track and the left is not). I then end up (I thought) in South Security (i.e. not the one next to the CCR). Where did I go wrong?

Hmm - perhaps I have my North and South inverted - I was trying to get to the CCR door optimally!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Perhaps I am confused about my North and South. I arrive at Flight Connections and stick to the right leading to FastTrack and my BP gets checked for fast track. I then go through BP gates, and turn right up an escalator (there is a pair of escalators, and the right one is fast track and the left is not). I then end up (I thought) in South Security (i.e. not the one next to the CCR). Where did I go wrong?
you are ending up at north security. South security is the one near the ccr secret door.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Hmm - perhaps I have my North and South inverted - I was trying to get to the CCR door optimally!
Best to go via The First Wing, but yes, you have North and South mixed up there. North is on the side by the domestic end, South faces towards T4. You can usually go South if you want, just not using Fast Track, which as you know isn't always so fast if you have a lot of people in front unused to UK security norms. To go South, swing leftwards, not rightwards, you are facing west at this point.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.

You have them mixed up. South Security is the one closest to the CCR door which is at the very right end of the security stations.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; Swiss Blue

You have indeed got North and South mixed up...
South Security is the one next to the CCR door. once you pass NORTH security (the one you have identified above) you turn right again and walk against all the people who are coming from the SOUTH security to get to the CCR Door.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
If you have access to the e-passport gates then this would normally be the faster route.
indeed, and that is a truly, completely, absurd and ridiculous situation which only underlines how unacceptably poor ‘fast track’ connections are.
Steve_ZA and Geordie405 like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by orbitmic

indeed, and that is a truly, completely, absurd and ridiculous situation which only underlines how unacceptably poor ‘fast track’ connections are.
I was also recently barked at for attempting to exit the “fast” track and e the relatively empty “slow” track. I was told in no uncertain terms that the fact I was a connecting passenger meant I had to stay where I was else “higher authorities” would be called for. I didn’t feel confident enough to push it but the lines are very poorly managed and controlled by rude staff who can also sometimes speak such poor English that I dread to think what non native-speakers would make of it. The idea of exiting through pasports and reentering is a good one and next time I will try it or perhaps preferably avoid LHR altogether.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Best to go via The First Wing, but yes, you have North and South mixed up there. North is on the side by the domestic end, South faces towards T4. You can usually go South if you want, just not using Fast Track, which as you know isn't always so fast if you have a lot of people in front unused to UK security norms. To go South, swing leftwards, not rightwards, you are facing west at this point.
It always amazes me how many folks there are with sometimes quite large amounts of liquids in their bags (not in the one litre bag), who (in Fast Track Connections) have clearly just got off another flight, on which they were presumably meant to be screened by another airport - but clearly weren't. One individual had (at a rough count) 30 items of cosmetics and was giving the security screener who was dealing with his bag that got pulled aside an awful lot of hassle, whilst a long queue of other bags to be manually screened (presumably some at random) built up. The screener guy had the patience of a saint.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 7:08 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
For the first time in a very long time I used this route rather than going landslide and back through North Security. Main reason being that I have stopped smoking (- @corporate-wage-slave ) and thought I would just do the thing that the terminal (should be) is designed to do.

Low and behold, up the fast track escalator and plonked right into the general security area. Won’t be making that mistake again. Exit through the border and back via North fast track for me from now on (am prepared to be kicked in the backside for making that statement ).

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.