Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:41 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Perhaps it is just me but the advert seems very bitty and the segments to 'tick the various boxes' move very quickly, so it appears rushed.

I also agree that the timing of the celebration is unfortunate for BA to celebrate its Britishness and that there is no recognition of the global nature of the company and its passengers.

I suppose we could not expect anything less than an advert from BA to begin the centenary celebrations but hopefully there will be some imaginative approaches to this milestone event as the year progresses; with definite recognition to the last 100 years but also forward looking the next 100 years.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's a tough crowd in here tonight!

But here is a bit of background. It appears AJ and Ms. Colman really did go the whole hog, as it were.
I’ll join the tough crowd and say I find that pretty cringe too. It’s a vapid ad with a vapid message that says nothing much about BA, in my view.
TravellerFrequently and RG1X like this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
A quick trawl back through the thread suggests to me that the "Ayes" have it by a narrow margin.

The Tough Crowd are rumoured to be asking for a 2nd Referendum.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by T8191
A quick trawl back through the thread suggests to me that the "Ayes" have it by a narrow margin.

The Tough Crowd are rumoured to be asking for a 2nd Referendum.
*Orderrrrrrrrr*
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm not sure whether the "crowd" is being particularly tough. I think we're more let down by the advert that's kicking off the centenary year, especially considering the quality of BA adverts in years gone by.
TPRun likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It’s OK but in comparison to Aviators or the iconic advertising of the Landor era, quite weak. Like others I find the overt British flag waving and lack of international recognition a bit cringeworthy given the divided state of the nation. All felt a bit Tory party political broadcast at time.
airline brat, DYKWIA, colm and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:24 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Just been greeted by a crew member whose shiny new silver 100 lapel badge has swivelled on its pin, so it says “OO!”.
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 8:06 am
Suspended

If there’s a soon to be announced significant long haul aircraft order, that’s something to brag about in the context of new aircraft that they have and what’s coming soon, but may need to wait until the Dreamliner Trent issue is nearing being fixed.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Feb 3, 2019 at 11:00 am
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alta, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
It’s OK but in comparison to Aviators or the iconic advertising of the Landor era, quite weak. Like others I find the overt British flag waving and lack of international recognition a bit cringeworthy given the divided state of the nation. All felt a bit Tory party political broadcast at time.
I agree with everything in this post.

And I guess this is why they were asking me last year in a survey about how much I value BA's Britishness, and whether emphasising their Britishness would make me more or less likely to fly with them.

C
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:30 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well I got no email - I’m generally nonplussed by the point of the advert and the point about tea really really winds me up as they keep wanting to charge me for it on short haul. It’s all backfired on me.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by colm
I agree with everything in this post.

And I guess this is why they were asking me last year in a survey about how much I value BA's Britishness, and whether emphasising their Britishness would make me more or less likely to fly with them.

C
Yes, I agree.
I had that survey too and told them it was not just irrelevant but in realty confounds Britain with England. There is no such country as "Britain" and people who use it to mean a country really mean 'England and the other bits we colonised'.
Made even more clear by BA's touting of their partnership with English rugby,
All a bit ERG/Brexiteery.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:24 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by FEMW
They replied to my tweet and have said they ‘want to ensure that everyone can enjoy it so a subtitled version will be appearing on BA.com soon’

How soon is anyone’s guess!!
I have been asked to point out that subtitles have now been added, press the CC box on the lowest part of the rectangle, so the red line shows underneath. Only English is provided.

Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:32 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Pack
Was worth the build up to see Antony Joshua getting hit with a suitcase......
Needs an edit here.

“....and goes down”.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.