Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
What an excellent post. ^

That wretched choir again ! Grrrhh they must be making an absolute packet! There are so many community choirs in Britain that are under funded and multi cultural - hows that for inclusivity - and it is so sad that they get forgotten.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Originally Posted by T8191
(*snap!*)
I apologise for the 83,569 miles on AA since 2015
same for most people BA don't have a monopoly on flights from the UK

Also seem to be an announcement of a significant upgrade to economy with antimacassar now for all classes
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:50 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
Chris Morris made this advert 25 years ago. He always was a genius.

dougzz likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TPRun
That - and a tailored email to say pretty much the same, plus how many miles you've flown with them. Truly exciting stuff.

"There will be wonderful things happening throughout the year. To start, we're making sure you're one of the first to see our fabulous new film. " - Thank you! Thank you so much!
Much like the "birthday" points, i didnt even get a thank you email.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
What a load of rubbish.

British Airways should be embarrassed releasing this actual BS. Let alone building it up with a countdown timer over the past week.

I guess this is conclusive evidence they either don't read this website or don't care what people say...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MiraculousM
Much like the "birthday" points, i didnt even get a thank you email.
Nor me. Like the birthday points, I wonder if this is a targeted email for only certain customers they want to curry favour with!
MiraculousM likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I thought it a well-produced video which does a reasonable job of representing the diversity and hopefully tolerance of today's Britain in the 90 seconds available. There's something of a warm fuzzy feeling around the use of a teddy bear - doesn't that take us all back to our childhood (or even just the non-celebrity safety video!)?

The negative reaction from some is, I suspect, because it perhaps doesn't meet the intensity of the build-up. With seemingly non-stop pushing of this for the last week, and a banner headline on BA.com, one might have expected something rather closer to a Hollywood blockbuster! In that sense, BA was only ever going to set itself up to disappoint, which is something of a shame - something launched with much less fanfare would have been a better ploy.
Given that 1 in 6 people (11 million) lose their hearing and being profoundly deaf myself thought it was appalling that no captions were included. The only bit of 'hearing impaired' in the video were 2 kids who used BSL(50,000 BSL users in UK and how many CC can use BSL?) for all of 2 seconds - that bit was captioned for you hearing people who don't understand BSL. I have tweeted back to BA and told them that in 2019 this video should not have got past the front door without subtitles. I have said I will submit my BAEC No for service recovery!! They have replied and will look at my feedback.

I may have only flown 30,574 miles but I am no less a customer than those that have done 20 million!

Rant over!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
This is still my favourite by far
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:59 am

Good luck getting all of those stars into long haul economy.

DYKWIA?
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Ryanfozzie
Here's a better one, with less hype.

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:00 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold Card
I don't know why BA keep on with these celeb videos. The last "To fly. To serve" ad was widely shared on social media after its launch but this one doesn't even seem to have been noticed. People don't fly with an airline because a celeb pretends to sit in WTP.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:05 am

I loved it

For someone who is only Blue, who got both 2018 and 2019 birthday Avios and whose miles flown didnt even get mentioned in their email (probably because its less that 100,000) - I loved it.

I thought it it was very engaging and will remind people who rarely fly, and those without status of our de facto national airline

Some subtleties might be missed when it flashes up on the telly but altogether a good job. Looking forward to seeing what else they have in the pipeline.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Well we know what that 787 has been being used for now
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I thought it a well-produced video which does a reasonable job of representing the diversity and hopefully tolerance of today's Britain in the 90 seconds available. There's something of a warm fuzzy feeling around the use of a teddy bear - doesn't that take us all back to our childhood (or even just the non-celebrity safety video!)?

The negative reaction from some is, I suspect, because it perhaps doesn't meet the intensity of the build-up. With seemingly non-stop pushing of this for the last week, and a banner headline on BA.com, one might have expected something rather closer to a Hollywood blockbuster! In that sense, BA was only ever going to set itself up to disappoint, which is something of a shame - something launched with much less fanfare would have been a better ploy.
BA setting itself up to disappoint... never

I liked the advert. But yes didn't need a countdown. Maybe they were feeling left out after Qatar's. Which also went down a treat with people on FT.
NWIFlyer likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by DeanB
Oh well.

I guess it's nice to know that, as I'm on 932,839 miles, I should be crossing 1 million later this year. Wonder if I'll get anything special?
Nadda, Nicht, Nothing .... I crossed the 1 million mark on a flight before Christmas.... what did I get ... a 90 minute delay 😔

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.