Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA100 departing soon (Friday 1 February at 11.30 to be precise)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
The video was "nice", full of celebs (so won't have been cheap), but I didn't quite see the point, or what they were expecting customers to feel. The Christmas advertising campaign had more "feel good" about it. I'm sure there is some link to something, other than marketing team having a pot to spend.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:01 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Great timing ... BA Website not showing any of my bookings
skippythelizard, T8191 and Cheny like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
What a dreary unmemorable advert.
NoY and Geordie405 like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: BAEC
A nice advert. I believe togetherness is what we all need right now considering national and international circumstances and that comes across nicely.

I'll say thanks back to BA for keep me and my family safe in the sky. ^
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Generic emails obviously flooding out with a link to the video... Useful if you need to know your total flown mileage on your lunch break I suppose.

Dear jamespi,

2019 marks a century of British Airways. It's a hugely exciting time for us, but we wouldn't be celebrating without you. You have made us who we are today, and we're immensely proud of how far we've flown together. Believe it or not, since you first travelled with us in 2011 you have flown 146,672 miles, which is the same as flying 5.9 times around the world.

There will be wonderful things happening throughout the year. To start, we're making sure you're one of the first to see our fabulous new film. So, sit back, relax and join some of Britain's finest on board flight BA100 for a journey filled with love, fun - and rather a lot of tea.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
A nice advert. I believe togetherness is what we all need right now considering national and international circumstances and that comes across nicely.

I'll say thanks back to BA for keep me and my family safe in the sky. ^
What an excellent post. ^
rockflyertalk and navylad like this.

Programs: BAEC
p.s I feel for Anthony Joshua in WTP
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
A number of posts relating to the oneworld meeting today have been removed because they were off-topic to this unconnected BA 'event'.

Members wishing to contribute to the oneworld meeting discussion can do so in the thread located in that forum.

All 13 oneworld CEOs in London on Friday

/mod
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Call me old fashioned but The Face adverts will always hit *that* spot with me, it was at the time I first started flying and working overseas and the warm fuzzy feeling of bringing friends and family together again with the Britishness of the tailfins at T7 in JFK.

I think the advert is too short to try and include all walks of Britain, Whilst I can see the LGBTQ+ community in the advert it resonances more with the the colourful pride flag in T5 in the summer along with the check in desks/boarding gate monitors.

Maybe the ad should have included the 4 proposed retro liveries.. however we re all talking about it and the tailored email as well so BA must be doing something right.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I actually think as BA adverts go this one is quite good.

Would have preferred Tyson Fury instead of AJ...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I've no plans to watch it and have had no emails etc. regarding this, or practically anything BA related this year at all.
Have watched the safety video once since it came out and that was more than enough of BA's video efforts for me to stomach

Seems their 100 years celebrations are coming across as a damp squid to be honest.
You could argue though that BA have only really been around a few years in their current form....
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:40 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I thought it a well-produced video which does a reasonable job of representing the diversity and hopefully tolerance of today's Britain in the 90 seconds available. There's something of a warm fuzzy feeling around the use of a teddy bear - doesn't that take us all back to our childhood (or even just the non-celebrity safety video!)?

The negative reaction from some is, I suspect, because it perhaps doesn't meet the intensity of the build-up. With seemingly non-stop pushing of this for the last week, and a banner headline on BA.com, one might have expected something rather closer to a Hollywood blockbuster! In that sense, BA was only ever going to set itself up to disappoint, which is something of a shame - something launched with much less fanfare would have been a better ploy.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
well that's a minute and a half I won't get back.... sorry to me it's just a waste of the time and money I'd rather have a free tea when I travel in Y with the money they spent on that.
John
Can I help you, NoY, T8191 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TPRun
That - and a tailored email to say pretty much the same, plus how many miles you've flown with them.
Originally Posted by T8191
BA have emailed me a link to the advert as well. Suitable introductory fluff, of course, including ... "Believe it or not, since you first travelled with us in 2007 you have flown 230,275 miles, which is the same as flying 9.3 times around the world." At least they got that right!
Tailored emails like this are rather dangerous if not properly drafted. Mine quotes a figure of not-quite-a-million miles "since you first travelled with us in 1993". The problem is that that's only what BA has tracked via BAEC. There were a lot more flown BA miles since the advent of frequent flyer schemes, credited elsewhere. And then there were the many miles flown on BA since 1974, long before frequent flyer schemes were invented ...
Old Feb 1, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
Oh well.

I guess it's nice to know that, as I'm on 932,839 miles, I should be crossing 1 million later this year. Wonder if I'll get anything special?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.