The First Wing is Broken

Old Jan 28, 19, 2:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: GGL/CCR
The First Wing is Broken

Ok, well half of it anyway.... queues are building so don't expect to sail through as normal - Normal F/T is worse I was told.
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Plat Elite
but which half? the security lanes? i guess its rare when i go through that both are operating. but again, i avoid monday mornings like the plague.
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by VSLover View Post
but which half? the security lanes? i guess its rare when i go through that both are operating. but again, i avoid monday mornings like the plague.
Down to one belt yes.
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And how long did it take to get through?
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
And how long did it take to get through?
5 minutes ish but it was getting worse. I'd say allow 10-15 mins if not fixed.

Wasn't a massive issue for me but if you're right on conformance make sure you let someone know
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by teledude View Post
Down to one belt yes.
Isn't that pretty common? I've often been through with only one side in operation. Although I guess it's a problem if queues are forming.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:31 am
Original Poster

I've just been informed its fixed and fine now
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jan 28, 19, 3:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
5 minutes ish but it was getting worse.
Ah ok, a lot longer than me. Monday mornings can be very "busy" particularly around 8 am, but normally it tails off from about now onwards, so hopefully 10 minutes will not be needed. Two belts are generally in use up to about 11 hrs but for most of the week one belt is fine.
Old Jan 28, 19, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Fast track south was a breeze at 11:00 this morning.

Took me about 3 minutes
Old Jan 28, 19, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
You could barely get through the boarding pass gates on Saturday due to the queue being so long. One person complained to the security staff, but apparently it was the norm for that time of day. Certainly the busiest I've seen it - took around 15 mins to get through.

What made it more frustrating was the fact there were a couple of security staff seemingly just stood around near the smiley face machine - which I made a point of pressing the red one.
Old Jan 28, 19, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by jwhite9185 View Post
You could barely get through the boarding pass gates on Saturday due to the queue being so long. One person complained to the security staff, but apparently it was the norm for that time of day. Certainly the busiest I've seen it - took around 15 mins to get through.

What made it more frustrating was the fact there were a couple of security staff seemingly just stood around near the smiley face machine - which I made a point of pressing the red one.
there was even a queue at 5am on sat (not the first though.. normal security haha)

Last edited by MiraculousM; Jan 28, 19 at 6:39 am
Old Jan 28, 19, 6:38 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
5 minutes ish but it was getting worse. I'd say allow 10-15 mins if not fixed.
I've had much worse than that. All it takes is for the check-in systems to have a wobbly for 30 mins and the place falls apart. In December, I had a 30-minute queue to check luggage at the First Wing, followed by a 30-minute queue to get through security (with just one belt operating). Not exactly a First class experience (when I was actually travelling First!). You'd think BA could put pressure on HAL to reallocate some staff to open up the second machine to alleviate serious queues in their premium channel, but seemingly not!
Old Jan 28, 19, 2:00 pm

Programs: Mucci Silver, BA GFL / GGL, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
I was at TFW last Monday morning at around 5.45 am. Both belts open, but passengers queuing back so far that I was being held by the BA staff that do the first BP check. Only took about 5 mins or so to get through and every passenger seemed to know what they were doing which helps of course 😊