Wiki Posts
Search

Retirement Staff Travel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2019, 11:22 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by capin
OP, There is staff travel information for former employees available here > http://www.ba-touchdown.com/wp-conte...y-criteria.pdf
That looks like saying OP has 15 years from 2009. So ending in 2024. But obviously need to check with BA.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 4:46 am

Travel concessions

Originally Posted by razofer1
I worked for BA from Aug 1989 until Sep 2004, 15 years and one month.

I was told that f you worked for over 15 years and left, you get your flight benefits back when you start drawing pension.

I know of other employees who got it back when they started drawing pension from BA,

Is it correct? How do I go about arranging it and can BA deny it?
can I ask if you have sorted this, I left BA in 2000 and was under the impression that I would receive my travel concessions when I started to draw my pension, I am just about to start to draw it, however have been told they ran out in 2021 !! I was never notified and did not get Touchdown nor did I have access to the BA Intranet, I was not aware of the changes 2009, BA admitted that not all ex employees were notified however will not reinstate my concessions. I have asked for the 1996 Business Efficiency Plan as this was the plan I took severance under, I have a letter stating this but not the actual plan. Staff Travel have now told me that they will not speak to me anymore about it, I have lost 12 years of staff concessions because BA failed to notify all of their ex employees.
Old Oct 17, 2023, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Sorry to hear this Michelle but both of the posters only made one post and never returned, I hope you can sort this out.
If your name is actually Michelle did you join in 1983?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.