Concorde Bar SIN

Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Concorde Bar SIN

Apparently there's been a change of policy now where the Concorde Bar at SIN is no longer accessible to pax not in F but have a CCR card.

See https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/SIN/-1 vs https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-...eaccess/LHR/-1

Can anyone else confirm whether this is supposed to be the case?
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Can confirm. Last I asked was 2 weeks ago. No access with CCR card not flying F.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 10:58 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes that’s correct, BA F only. Initially CCR card holders were given access but tgat was clarified maybe a year ago now. Same applies to the Concorde dining in IAD, as well.

CCR card is only relevant for the CCR in LHR and JFK.

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept
Old Jan 26, 2019, 11:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
IMO this is a good thing, because the number of seats there is quite limited.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
It's also horrible IMO!
VSLover and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I don’t think it is horrible but certainly think it is too dark and not as nice as it could have been.

Food was ok but I heard in October that new caterers are being introduced this year.

i found the staff in the CCB very proactive.
DanAirLondon likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:13 am

​​​​​​it is grim so not missing much. Too many individual TVs in a small space leading to overbearing noise.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:17 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Hasn't this been the case since 2017?

M
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
​​​​​​it is grim so not missing much. Too many individual TVs in a small space leading to overbearing noise.
Eh? Which lounge were you in?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Seems a bit petty - will it really cut numbers dramatically? How many CCR card holders are there - a small number of thousand? Ok, they fly a fair amount, but on any given day how many of them are in SIN or IAD (and not flying in First) to take up the space?

happy to be corrected, but seems like a petty policy change to not really achieve much in practice - and totally inconsistent with the “Concorde” branding: they should just have called these facilities something else
Vasco Pridat likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The IAD lounge frequently encounters a unique (maybe not so unique) set of circumstances where corporate execs fly to London in groups, ticketed in F accompanied by middle management colleagues ticketed in J. Apparently, these regulars meet in the CCD room and utilise their guesting privileges, so you can see how these inner sanctions can fill up.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ratypus
Seems a bit petty - will it really cut numbers dramatically? How many CCR card holders are there - a small number of thousand? Ok, they fly a fair amount, but on any given day how many of them are in SIN or IAD (and not flying in First) to take up the space?

happy to be corrected, but seems like a petty policy change to not really achieve much in practice - and totally inconsistent with the “Concorde” branding: they should just have called these facilities something else
I used it twice in October and it was pretty full with F passengers.

I suspect that there are quite a few CCR card holding passengers on these flights, at times, so the CCB could pretty quickly fill up and cause capacity issues for the F passengers.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Barnaby100
Did you end up with some people in one of the cubicles turning up the volume on the TV? It's normally on silent when I'm there.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I was just flying thru sin and thought the ccr bar was amazing compared what else the airport has to offer besides the private room of Sq.
And I think they should not rename these extra facilities but definitely make them part of the ccr card perk.
Like said before. So few cards are out there it wouldn't effect the quality of the lounge
GGL is quite a value. The 2 vouchers at 3500 as well. But at 5000 all you get is lounge access to 2 lounges?...
I would make it more attractive.
If I fly f and credit the flights to Alaska I might get more value then only 2 lounges..
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:55 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
i quite like the inner sanctuary and in a weird way lack of windows darkness with neon lights of this lounge, flying through end of Feb and looking forward to it

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.