Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Holiday booking for two - Companion cannot travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone,
I have booked a BA Holiday for mid February a while ago (has already been paid in full), and have just found out that unfortunately my companion will not be able to join due to family reasons (i.e. presumably not covered by travel insurance).
Given that the holiday has already been paid in full, am I ok to just travel on my own while letting their ticket lapse, or will this cause the hotel booking and/or my return ticket to be cancelled?
I can imagine all sorts of fees being applied in case I do inform BA, which I find rather unprincipled given that surely a booking for two tickets and a double hotel room would cost more than a booking for a single ticket and room?
Many thanks for your input!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You will be fine. Your companion not flying will not have any effect on your flights.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:26 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
As a holiday booking, is it possible to change names and take another lucky fella/ lass along?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
If you want to be adventurous find someone on Facebook with the same name and offer them a free trip. This is what happened to a comedian in the name of Ross Smith and he live tweeted the experience and turned it into a show at the Edinburgh Festival.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
And if you cancel them ensure you receive back government taxes and fees for the traveller no longer going.

And welcome to FT p199 !
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:31 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your help, and thanks for the welcome, mikeyfly! I appreciate it.
I might actually have a friend who could join instead, does anyone know what BA Holidays' amendment fees are like?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Cost me £150 to change a name on a BA holiday booking. that was long haul J, I hear it’s around £60 for short haul Y.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Good to know - many thanks Gomac!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.