Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cannot check GGL jokers left during weekends?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2019, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Called the GGL helpline to check how many jokers do I have left for my membership year before an impending booking. Got routed to India because it's after UK working hours (7 am to 10 pm UK time).

A nice gentleman answered, but said unfortunately he was unable to check it (???) because it was already the start of the weekend (???) as it resides in another system. But he can send an email to another department and will get a revert on Monday (!!!)

Goodness, what on earth is going on? Surely if this information resides in another system, it's just a matter of permissioning the India team to access the system when Newcastle or Manchester closes.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: GGL/CCR
The same thing earlier.... but apparently I am getting the answer tomorrow?! They obviously have limited access to the google doc!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Call again in the morning when the Uk Centre is open, they’ll help you.

Alternativelh, can you look back at your previous slights and remember which you used a space-saver on?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:13 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I’m amazed you can’t keep count yourself. Surely you know how many you use and earn?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:52 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’m amazed you can’t keep count yourself. Surely you know how many you use and earn?
I keep my own spreadsheet and put the PNR next to it together with notes. You'd be amazed how complex it can become with 4 or 5 if you ever have any cancellations. I'd have had real problems tracking down a missing one last year (BA error) had it not been for my own spreadsheet.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I only ever have 3 in any Membership Year, I always choose GUF1s as my ‘treats’ at 7, 8 and 9K.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
I keep my own spreadsheet and put the PNR next to it together with notes. You'd be amazed how complex it can become with 4 or 5 if you ever have any cancellations.
Exactly my problem! Great suggestion. Wouldn’t it be a lot simpler if the information can just be displayed on ba.com?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by teledude
The same thing earlier.... but apparently I am getting the answer tomorrow?! They obviously have limited access to the google doc!
It’s crazy. The person who answered the call in India introduced as “BA GGL” - if so surely checking jokers and using them is a basic request of GGL members, why won’t they be equipped with access to this information to do their job?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 9:34 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I never use Jokers, tbh rarely even redeem avios as use the abundant gufs most of the time direct with a TA. My avios are used exclusively on JAL, CX, MH, and LATAM.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
I think the information is kept in a Spreadsheet at GGL call centre - from what they said last time I called in
Old Jan 26, 2019, 2:58 am
Original Poster

I called again... this time UK is open for business and thankfully I got routed there... was told that any of the GGL agents can have access to "the system" that tracks joker by member (I didn't probe how sophisticated this so called system is) - but the first time a CSO wants access has to "email someone to get access".

So without setting up a CSO from the get go, we're unable to check if there are any jokers remaining, hence naturally can't book flights immediately if a joker is needed to open up redemption space.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 3:12 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
I keep my own spreadsheet and put the PNR next to it together with notes. You'd be amazed how complex it can become with 4 or 5 if you ever have any cancellations. I'd have had real problems tracking down a missing one last year (BA error) had it not been for my own spreadsheet.
So do I. It is the simplest way to keep a track of how many I have tbh.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 4:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I only ever have 3 in any Membership Year, I always choose GUF1s as my ‘treats’ at 7, 8 and 9K.
GUF1s (CW -F) for tickets originating from the US now come with additional carrier surcharges of $200 each way reducing the benefit and their value somewhat.
Old Jan 26, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by Markie
I think the information is kept in a Spreadsheet at GGL call centre - from what they said last time I called in
This is definitely the case. The spreadsheet resides on a computer in Manchester and needs to be physically consulted there!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.