Car rental booking problem

Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Car rental booking problem

I am trying to book a return trip to Denver from Heathrow in early July with BA together with an Avis car rental so that BA will consider this a holiday booking! However when I attempt this on my desktop via Safari I get a message saying their is a mismatch between the age entered for the ticket and the DoB entered for the car rental but at no stage when entering the rental details did it ask for my DoB.

I therefore tried to make the booking via the BA App on my iPad. This time Avis do require that I admit to be 73 but again get the message "lead driver date of birth mismatch"

I have tried to check the age limit for Avis in the US and their does not appear o be any.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated!
Old Jan 25, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver IHG Platinum Elite
Please ignore this old fool. Found a screen that asked to confirm I was between 15 and 70 and when I said "no" and entered my DoB it all worked (on the app but not the web site!)
Old Jan 25, 2019, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Just had the same ... being now over 70 I have to watch these things!!

Had to input my DOB twice, IIRC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.