Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Able to choose seat free of charge prior to t-24?

Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

I’m on BA474 to BCN this Saturday - departure at 1120 from LHR T3. I’ve just been on the BA app and was able to choose my seat for no charge. I was under the impression this was only possible for Bronze upwards whereas I’m a lowly Blue member.

Is there any reason why this might be? Not knocking it of course, just curious!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:24 pm

Free seat allocation is given to passengers having a ticket booked in H/B/Y fare buckets. Ie the most expensive fares. Would this apply to you?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by charlieboy77
Free seat allocation is given to passengers having a ticket booked in H/B/Y fare buckets. Ie the most expensive fares. Would this apply to you?
Furthermore, some corporate or travel agent deals also include free seat selection.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 11:02 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
I suspect something less complicated, and that this is perfectly normal!

If on a Plus fare, seat selection is free from T-48 - it’s only check-in that’s T-24.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I suspect something less complicated, and that this is perfectly normal!

If on a Plus fare, seat selection is free from T-48 - it’s only check-in that’s T-24.
That would be why! Thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.