Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another 'I'm Flying BA First Class for the First Time' Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)

Self explanatory title... today I am flying British Airways First Class on the A380 from Johannesburg to London-Heathrow, connecting in Club to Barcelona.
Any suggestions on how to ensure I make the most of the experience?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Have a lovely trip! I really like the 380 in First. OK, the first time you'll be like me: playing with the electronic window shades up and down - wow, you can control not one, but two shades! Big thrills haha - Seriously, have fun!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I'd just say that there are no rules - just enjoy yourself, be considerate of those around you, and enjoy the space. Eat when you want and chill out.
Also, and sadly don't expect anything special in your connecting experience through Heathrow. I have a little voice that tells me that BCN goes from LHR T3. The reality for most passengers, even those travelling in F, is that there will be queues for a bus connecting you between the terminals - no priority service unfortunately for the connection, but a nice First Class lounge in LHR T3 once you get to T3.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
If your BCN flight is from T3, then keep your boarding pass and head for the Cathay First lounge,
ThrowingBoeing and thomas164 like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Enjoy the trip. It's supposed to be Dine on Demand and you can ask for several appetizers if you like. Take the pajamas offered; you can ask the crew to make your bed when ready. Oh, and if you want a wine tasting of multiple wines (or one you fancy), just go ahead and ask. If you haven't see the crew for a while, don't be afraid to use the call button (and, as a last resort, go to the galley).

I find the cabin can get warm and so in bed mode I sometimes stick a foot out to regulate my body temp Use the slippers in the bathrooms, too
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:12 pm

Remember to ask for the chocolates if they don't make an appearance!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:59 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Tell the crew on boarding or on initially being seated that it's your first time in F.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:09 pm

why? do you get a bag of goodies?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:10 pm

it's your first time in

Tell the crew on boarding or on initially being seated that it's your first time in F.

Originally Posted by ladyteathyme
why? do you get a bag of goodies?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:11 pm

new to this so thats why im asking.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:08 pm

Programs: QF
Sometimes you might get a little extra attention frok the crew to make your experience special, but don't expect goodies.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Thanks all. Yes, BCN departs from T3. I do have a spa appointment booked at the lounge. On the way back in F BCNLHRJNB I have more time in LHR so hope to enjoy this Concorde room thing.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 1:47 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Use the upstairs toilet at quiet times.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I was about to add that! If you want to change onto PJs before take off - whizz upstairs in front of you and use the extra large CW toilets upstairs. After take off you'll need to get your leg over the rope
Old Jan 23, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
If you decide to use dine on demand to eat at different times to those "expected" by the crew, tell them what you want to eat when they first come to take orders, so it can be kept for you, and just let them know about 30 mins before you want to eat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.