Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Is there a way to check if a specific plane is ‘old’?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there a way to check if a specific plane is ‘old’?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:41 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Slightly OT, but why do airlines not just invest in decent tablets attached to seats that can remotely download IFE (like, I believe, lots of airlines offer with your own tablet)? They must be lighter and less power-hungry than what is typically offered, and are infinitely faster and have better touch screens.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 1:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Slightly OT, but why do airlines not just invest in decent tablets attached to seats that can remotely download IFE (like, I believe, lots of airlines offer with your own tablet)? They must be lighter and less power-hungry than what is typically offered, and are infinitely faster and have better touch screens.
Both Qantas and Virgin do this for long domestic flights here in Oz and some of the trans-Tasman flights too. Standard iPad (I think but could be an Android device) that connects through a WiFi network.

Increasingly on the shorter domestic flights you have to use your own device if you want to stream any of the IFE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.