Wiki Posts
Search

Change after departure without repricing

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Change after departure without repricing

How soon after the first flight can I make a change without having the ticket repriced?

I got in on the JNB-BCN fare and could only get a quick turnaround at the time, there is more availability now so I want to make a change to the return. How soon can I do this? I don’t suppose I could make the change after check in before take off?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by circusboy
How soon can I do this? I don’t suppose I could make the change after check in before take off?
You need have flown at least the first sector of the itinerary to make any changes at historical pricing.

For example, if you were to fly AMS-LHR-LAX, you could make changes to your LHR-LAX as soon as you step off your AMS-LHR flight.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
How soon after the first flight can I make a change without having the ticket repriced?

I got in on the JNB-BCN fare and could only get a quick turnaround at the time, there is more availability now so I want to make a change to the return. How soon can I do this? I don’t suppose I could make the change after check in before take off?
Thanks.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:14 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond

Just so you know, the ticket is still repriced, but using historical fares (the price the new itinerary was sold at when you purchased your ticket) were as if you do it prior to any segment being used its repriced using current selling price, which is usually significantly more.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
presumably, depending on fare rules, they would also charge the change fee, no?
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by ThisIsntOM

Just so you know, the ticket is still repriced, but using historical fares (the price the new itinerary was sold at when you purchased your ticket) were as if you do it prior to any segment being used its repriced using current selling price, which is usually significantly more.
But the point is if there’s availability in the same class (assume A in this case) and the new date otherwise meets the restrictions of the fare, no reprice should be necessary - only the change fee if any would be applied.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.