Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BAEC Gold given SkyPriority Elite perks...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, VS G, Marriot Plat
BAEC Gold given SkyPriority Elite perks...

My corp TA booked me a routing - LCY to ORY on BA and CDG back to LHR the next day on AF (better schedule for me). All on same PNR and strangely both visible in the BA app.

Day of return, meetings finished early, snow was falling so I got to CDG nice and early and went to AF ticketing in terminal 2E to see about changing onto an earlier flight.

€70 lighter, I had in my hand a boarding pass for the earlier flight so strolled to departures. Was told very nicely when bp checked that I could use Sky Priority lane which I gladly did (although queues weren’t too bad). I then noticed the words Gold Elite next to my BAEC number on the bp.

Intrigued, I thought I’d chance it in the AF lounge. Walked past the entry machines for a manual check at the desk. Quick scan and was admitted with a smile 😃.

Had to calm my nerves with Heidseck and after a quick look round (nice lounge) strolled to the gate where I topped it off with SkyPriority boarding into a free exit row.

Is this normal? a result of the rebooking at ticketing or a nice gesture by AF to tempt me? Not flown AF for a long while so interested in any similar experiences.

EOD, I was just happy to get home earlier than expected as some big delays building with weather in both CDG and LHR this evening....
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite

Was this one ticket or one PNR? Or neither? Odd that a Skyteam system would even recognise a OW number. Aren’t the formats completely different?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My guess is that the agent was confused and believed that BA was a partner.

However, for lounge access, ElitePlus is required. This is Gold on DL and requires 50,000 status miles and $6000 spend on DL and partner airfares (by a special calculation) every year. Elite is Silver level at 25,000 status miles and $3000 spend for DL.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
You shouldn't have got into the lounge - they likely saw "Sky Priority" and "Gold" and assumed you were in Flying Blue.

However SkyPriority is a formal benefit of flying on an economy Flex ticket between France and Europe, which I assume (with a mixed airline ticket) you probably were.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:40 am

Programs: BA GGL & Gfl, LH Senator, Marriott Plat Prem, AA GLD
On a 6th Dec flight to LCY from AMS I was rebooked from BA flight to KLM to LCY due to a 3hr delay by TA. The boarding pass ended up having FQTV: BA/ < My Num> and under this was FLYING BLUE GOLD ELI. With this I got lounge and also early boarding access.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
As a DL top tier (published) elite with Gold "lifetime" status due to 2MM, I once had an AF boarding pass that said Concorde 2000 or something, which was their invitation only unpublished super elite level. Another time my KLM boarding pass showed no status at all. So they don't always get it right even for elites of close partners.....and many phone agents have no clue which airlines are partners--I've had to argue a number of times, although perhaps the funniest was when an AZ lounge dragon didn't believe that AZ belonged to SkyTeam, so I had to lead her outside the door and point to the big sign.
bisonrav likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
There are many reasons I'm switching from Saudia to Flying Blue, but the fact the vast majority of lounge dragons have no idea Saudia is in SkyTeam is definitely one
Old Jan 23, 2019, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC G, VS G, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by HarryKUK

Was this one ticket or one PNR? Or neither? Odd that a Skyteam system would even recognise a OW number. Aren’t the formats completely different?
Separate tickets, same PNR....
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
so werid.

plus OP stated he went through a manual check including a scan and was admitted...combined with post #5
Old Jan 23, 2019, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Hmm. Nothing makes sense on this thread!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.