Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flying the day before 'collection year' end

Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Apologies if this has been answered before - I have checked but may have missed it! My tier points collection year ends on 8 Mar, and I'll need 10 points to retain silver. I'm flying on 7 Mar, and the flight will earn 10 points. Will I reach silver or be 'zeroed' before the points hit the account?
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You'll reach Silver as it's in your current tier point collection year. It's the date you fly not when they post, which usually takes a few days anyhow, so you'll be fine. Your account will zero, or should at midnight on the 9th. More detail in the BA Forum Dashboard as well as other nuggets of good information there.

Anyhow, let me welcome you to Flyertalk and over here on the BA Board RocketRon, we always seem to get a flurry of new members joining so the more the merrier!

Welcome aboard.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Great - and thanks for the welcome Peter01; looking forward to playing a part on the forum going forward!
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Welcome!

You may already know this but just in case you don't (and for others reading)... when you acquire status (such as Silver in your case) you retain that status for the remainder of the collection year in which you acquired it plus all of the following collection year. In your case the remainder of the current collection year will be one day so you would retain Silver until the end of the following collection year which will be 8th March 2020.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:34 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by snaxmuppet
Welcome!

You may already know this but just in case you don't (and for others reading)... when you acquire status (such as Silver in your case) you retain that status for the remainder of the collection year in which you acquired it plus all of the following collection year. In your case the remainder of the current collection year will be one day so you would retain Silver until the end of the following collection year which will be 8th March 2020.
Actually I think you will remain silver until the last day of the month following your year end which will be 30th April 2020.

Unless this is you move to Gold of course..

Last edited by sunshinebob; Jan 23, 2019 at 2:41 am Reason: edited to correct myself
Old Jan 23, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Actually I think you will remain silver until the last day of the month following your year end which will be 31st March 2020.
Is it an internet law that every post correcting a mistake must itself contain a mistake?

(As I know you meant to type, month following would be 30th April)
sunshinebob, BAEC and snaxmuppet like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
Actually I think you will remain silver until the last day of the month following your year end which will be 30th April 2020.

Unless this is you move to Gold of course..
LOL!

I stand (well, sit) corrected

I should have remembered that because I am doing a TP run in the gap between the end of my year and the expiry of the card!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.