Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR weather cancellations shorthaul - Tuesday 22 January 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR weather cancellations shorthaul - Tuesday 22 January 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by CCayley

Also, what exactly makes snow "southerner variety" - is it that it is certified organic or does it have to contain quinoa?
It's generally just a bit wet and pathetic

*I am a Southerner btw
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:54 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
It's snowing pretty hard at the moment in central London, and actually settling.

Tomorrow morning will be fun!

M
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
not setting in my part of central London but still keeping an anxious eye on things...
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Also, what exactly makes snow "southerner variety" - is it that it is certified organic or does it have to contain quinoa?
These seem to sum up Northern feelings on the matter.

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:04 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
It's snowing pretty hard at the moment in central London, and actually settling.

Tomorrow morning will be fun!

M
So, in spite of all the sneering and snippy comments (not the North/South snow reactions which I thought quite funny) , it would seem that the pro-active cancellations were a wise contingency. I'm just glad that I got back to Alicante this lunchtime and my sympathies to those who have been affected by cancellations and the resulting inconvenience.

( OTT: FWIW, I hate snow, ice, and cold. You would have to pay me to go and climb up a mountain to one of those ghastly ski resorts. I went to visit a famous ski resort about 4 years ago. That will suffice me for a lifetime. )
msm2000uk, mikeyfly and TedToToe like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
OTT: FWIW, I hate snow, ice, and cold.
Care to join me in St Moritz for the bobsleigh world cup this week?

Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
The Heathrow de-icing queue rears its ugly head again. One hour delay and counting.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Then having survived the de-icing queue to arrive 90 minutes late at AMS, I performed an impressive dash to the train station only to find The Netherlands is experiencing its own snow issues and multiple trains have been cancelled.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:30 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
Care to join me in St Moritz for the bobsleigh world cup this week?
Are you competing? I think they'd need to put me through the de-icing process!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Are you competing? I think they'd need to put me through the de-icing process!
No, I'm not quite that insane, not to mention too old.. . A de-icing machine would be very handy but we have to make do with wearing more layers than an onion instead.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
South Bucks was almost in a state of gridlock for the evening rush hour this evening. Roads and pavements are treacherous.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 2:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Having just spent the weekend in Alaska (Fairbanks and then Anchorage) with temperatures between -20C and -30C and some light snow flurries I can report that it was business as usual in the urban metropolises, at the airports, and on the railways!
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:36 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm due to travel later this week on one of the flights that got cancelled today. In the (hopefully unlikely) event that the same fate befalls my flight in due course, does anyone know if BA are amenable to rebooking LHR passengers onto services out of LCY (better for me than waiting for a later LHR flight)?
A switch to LGW, LCY or even STN would be OK as a rebooked service in this context. It's all regarded as LON. I didn't actually spot this until just now but there was actually a general Customer Guideline for anyone - not just the cancelled services - flying 22 January to move their travel to and including 26 January subject to space. That said LCY tends to be more vulnerable that LHR as a very general rule.

No other UK weather warnings at the moment, just ORD, but that's fairly normal I would suggest.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
BA297 to ORD has been cancelled. Anyone know if that is weather related in ORD or LHR or neither and it is a tech problem? Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2019, 3:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by silonic
BA297 to ORD has been cancelled. Anyone know if that is weather related in ORD or LHR or neither and it is a tech problem? Thanks
ORD, BOS, NYC are all having weather issues. I don't have any specifics on BA297 however.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.