Wiki Posts
Search

GND via BGI?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
GND via BGI?

Hi everyone. I've been reading here with interest for some time. I'll post some "memoirs" another time of some of my memories of travelling staff travel as a child... but a quick question.... or 2, or 3!

Planning a special trip in the next year or two with my wife. I've been looking at Grenada and noticed that the usual pattern is Weds and Sat flights, with a 1 hour stop-over in UVF.

My first question is- do you have to de-plane at UVF? Do premium cabins get use of a lounge there?

Secondly, just took a look at the BA Source tracker and noticed that the most recent flights have stopped at BGI instead of UVF- is this a normal winter timetable change?

Finally- there seems to be more reward flight availability (on Wednesdays) for UVF than there does for GND. Do BA booking systems treat LGW-UVF and LGW-GND as separate flights and release seats for each?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:37 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by FamilyOf6
My first question is- do you have to de-plane at UVF? Do premium cabins get use of a lounge there?
No, you stay onboard. There will be a change of crew though. They try and keep the stopover as short as possible. I did the LGW-ANU-TAB flight a few months ago and wheels down in ANU to wheels up for the next hop was 1h02m.

Secondly, just took a look at the BA Source tracker and noticed that the most recent flights have stopped at BGI instead of UVF- is this a normal winter timetable change?
Looking in the near future and I can only see BA flights via UVF. But there are connections possible in BGI if you transfer onto LIAT.

Finally- there seems to be more reward flight availability (on Wednesdays) for UVF than there does for GND. Do BA booking systems treat LGW-UVF and LGW-GND as separate flights and release seats for each?
Each combination (LGW-UVF/LGW-GND/UVF-GND) will each have different inventories despite being the "same" flight.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:49 pm

GND is operated 2 x weekly via UVF. Not weekly via BGI as shown on the BA source flight tracker. Notice the tracker also shows flights between LGW and TAB as operating via BGI weekly, when in fact it operates 2 x weekly via ANU

BA did a at one point operate to GND and TAB via BGI weekly as BA2153 as shown on the tracker. However routing was changed sometime around 2011. Would have thought this error would have been picked up by BA source by now
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Thanks both of you. That all makes sense.

Shame that BA source seems to be wrong, but not the end of the world! I was just hoping to get a feel for if the refurbed 777s were usually operating that route.

Will change before we are ready to go no doubt, just getting ahead of myself!
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:06 pm

As a slight aside, Grenada is a beautiful island (they all are aren't they), but it's small, friendly and the history is very recent. For us that makes it all the more special. Grande Anse is spectacular. If you can get the flights to suit you won't be disappointed with the destination, it's a jewell.
FamilyOf6 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.