Birthday Programme 2019

Old Jan 22, 19, 5:55 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BAEC
Maybe its all staggered (hopeful), as its a centenary year, therefore theres no specific date for this to be actioned or to be given to all members at all... and BAEC finance dept may wish for this to leave their books to suit their books. Just my 2 cents! The last rough figure i heard was 7 millions BAEC members if all receive 2,019, thats roughly 14 billion avios?! unless my maths is off
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:20 am

My wife and I both got it and we also both got the birthday bonus last year.

Long term BAEC members (>20 years), low flight activity for last ten years (max one paid SH and one Avios LH redemption per year), >400K Avios in HH account.
Old Jan 22, 19, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Well I would have really appreciated 2018 Avios on my birthday last year and 2019 on BA's birthday this year!
Old Jan 22, 19, 7:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
From tracking the main birthday threads:

Here’s an Avios birthday bonus, just for you
'Happy Birthday from British Airways' (free avios)
2018 Birthday points

(and there are dozens more)
My suspicion that the birthday bonus tends to be offered to those who haven't travelled on a 125 ticket for a while. Some of the other threads come from people with low FT counts. So I think BA uses this as a way of leveraging their way back inito consciousness on a day when the recipient is well disposed to received "gifts" . So the more you work this forum the less likely you are to get this bonus, is my theory.

Now the 2019 bonus going to those with 2018 bonuses remains a mystery. I wonder where Ryan the Intern is these days?
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:17 am

Programs: BA (GOLD), VS
so loyalty goes unrewarded.

Not sure how BA can match a BAEC account with an FT handle though,

if BA wants to get people to fly then make them an offer - fly in the next X months and well give you a couple thousand avios as a bonus - don't just give them the avios!

If they havn't flown in while then it would make more sense for BA to try and time out the account and reduce their avios liabilty!
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 8:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Nothing here either and never had any in the past IIRC.
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:09 am

So I received the points - For data reference I'm a lowly Blue and always have been since 2004.

We have a household account but we only fly a couple of times a year max.

Currently we have three flights in the pipe - 1. ET - MUC (Via BA Holidays) 2. F - KUL (Reward) 3. WTP - CAN (Via BA Holidays)

I do tend to do a lot of searches on the BA site so wonder whether this is 'click bait'?
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Aadvantage now dormant
I got a birthday bonus last August and the 2019 bonus yesterday.
MrD has got nothing, however he gets more ‘promotional emails’ so I guess that makes us even
aidy likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 10:47 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy View Post
There were quite a few comments under Raffle's website article about it where people were blue and had barely flown BA in the past few years and got them, I guess it's random. Nothing for me or my wife :-(
Yep, that applies to me .. I only do about 4-5 flights a year from LCY, no further than ZRH and NCE, and I usually only pay for one of them (when the cheapest ticket available is at about £100) the rest are all RFS so I am quite pleased that BA have effectively handed me half a flight
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:49 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
Not sure how BA can match a BAEC account with an FT handle though,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
So the more you work this forum the less likely you are to get this bonus, is my theory.
I read this as implying the more savvy or optimised your travel, the less likely you are to fit the algorithm. Rather than anyone actually tracking your FT activity.

Last edited by DeathSlam; Jan 22, 19 at 11:50 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 22, 19, 11:56 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I checked with my Adult children both Blue and haven't travelled often with BA in the past year, nothing for both of them either. I guess it's a names in a hat scenario algorithm.
John
Old Jan 22, 19, 12:57 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, VA Platinum
From tracking the main birthday threads:

Here’s an Avios birthday bonus, just for you
'Happy Birthday from British Airways' (free avios)
2018 Birthday points

(and there are dozens more)
My suspicion that the birthday bonus tends to be offered to those who haven't travelled on a 125 ticket for a while. Some of the other threads come from people with low FT counts. So I think BA uses this as a way of leveraging their way back inito consciousness on a day when the recipient is well disposed to received "gifts" . So the more you work this forum the less likely you are to get this bonus, is my theory.
I'm a counterpoint to that then... about to hit 2,500 TPS. Mostly on BA Metal with a bit of QF & CX thrown in, mostly in PE with the odd trip in J.

FT post count is not massive though...

I received the birthday avios and the 2019 on the 21st Jan...
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:20 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie View Post
I'm a counterpoint to that then... about to hit 2,500 TPS. Mostly on BA Metal with a bit of QF & CX thrown in, mostly in PE with the odd trip in J.
Is there anything you can suggest as to why you have been selected? Was it a quick ramp up of travelling for example, after perhaps a bit of a drought? That level of travel is high by BAEC standards, where I guess average TP hauls would be near 800 TPs per year than 2,500.
Old Jan 22, 19, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold & honoured with a Mucci des Zones de Tranquilité . Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Prehaps its only the people whos surnames start A to F or something similar. Next month another slice of the pie will get theirs.

Or its divided up by Counties , or by age , teir point end date or a hundred other metrics..

Hey ho its only 2019 Avios..
Grrrrr.......
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 22, 19, 9:21 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Gold, VA Platinum
Is there anything you can suggest as to why you have been selected? Was it a quick ramp up of travelling for example, after perhaps a bit of a drought? That level of travel is high by BAEC standards, where I guess average TP hauls would be near 800 TPs per year than 2,500.
I started popping myself into F on cheap upgrades (once) and reward availability (once) this year... maybe a bit more J this year than previous years but a fairly consistent profile since 2016. Probably increasing annual TPs by about 200 per membership year but definitely nothing out of the ordinary that I can think of. My op up luck has been on point for the last 6 months though with it happening more often than not on BA Metal...

And my surname doesn't start with A-F either!

Search this Thread