Search

Can I upgrade a single leg?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond
Can I upgrade a single leg?

Hi Everyone

I have flights coming up DXB-LHR-LIS and LIS-LHR-DXB and this will leave me 20 TPs short of hitting gold for the first time in 11 years since joining BAEC.

Is it possible to somehow upgrade only one leg of the booking? Ideally one of the flights between London and Lisbon which would get me to the 1500 TPs?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Via POUG or APU only. Fare difference upgrade, I suppose is technically possible but it will be far cheaper to upgrade the whole outward or inbound journey.

Now, you won't get a POUG on that routing. You may get an offer at OLCI, but I would doubt it.

Depending on what your calendar looks like between now and the end of your TP year, I would either do a quick ET trip (not in QOG) or first wait to see if I can APU any of those flights, and if not, at that point have a quick ET trip ready to go.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by BA6501
Via POUG or APU only. Fare difference upgrade, I suppose is technically possible but it will be far cheaper to upgrade the whole outward or inbound journey.

Now, you won't get a POUG on that routing. You may get an offer at OLCI, but I would doubt it.

Depending on what your calendar looks like between now and the end of your TP year, I would either do a quick ET trip (not in QOG) or first wait to see if I can APU any of those flights, and if not, at that point have a quick ET trip ready to go.
Yep I did an overnight trip to AMS a few years ago to retain silver. Had a fun day out in the city and then flew back without purchasing any of the special foodstuffs someone asked if I could get them whilst there
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Hilton Diamond

Thank you, I’ve never done an AUP for a two leg trip, is there anywhere I can find what that may cost?

Sadly I’m based in Dubai so maybe a QR trip would be best if I have to take extra flights.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 10:20 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JamesNCL
Thank you, I’ve never done an AUP for a two leg trip, is there anywhere I can find what that may cost?

Sadly I’m based in Dubai so maybe a QR trip would be best if I have to take extra flights.
You can AUP one flight so DXB-LHR or LHR-LIS. Ask at check in. The AUP thread may be of help:

Airport Upgrades (AUP) promotion 2024 thread
marconess likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by JamesNCL

If you have time during your stay in LIS, perhaps a cheap LIS MAD LIS (but not so cheap that it’s 5 TP each way)?
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
If you have time during your stay in LIS, perhaps a cheap LIS MAD LIS (but not so cheap that it’s 5 TP each way)?
I "had to" do this a couple of years ago when I was 10 TPs short of keeping Silver. 🙄

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.