Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
GIG I got yesterday Fri - Mon but due to work commitments I had to use cooling off today and cancel. The agent was shocked at the refund amount - he said how can the ticket be cheaper than the usual taxes @ £240 !
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:48 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by cameramaker
I tried for every Fri-Sun in the period on both BGI and PHL today, along with GIG at smack on midday and got nothing. A couple of outbound BGI fares came up but by the time I'd tried to adjust the return they'd gone.
I don't know how people knew what exact dates to search for in order to return an instant positive result.
Probably bagged by the staff at Waterside,
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by cameramaker
I tried for every Fri-Sun in the period on both BGI and PHL today, along with GIG at smack on midday and got nothing. A couple of outbound BGI fares came up but by the time I'd tried to adjust the return they'd gone.
I don't know how people knew what exact dates to search for in order to return an instant positive result.
I don't know either - I wanted to go to NYC but couldn't find dates for Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon. Then, got PIT on the second attempt and PHL on the first.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
I snapped GIG in September and Boston in February.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:04 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
With a hat tip to richardwft for capturing this from the website earlier ...

... I think we can safely say spelling can now be added to BA's list of failing core competencies alongside IT ...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:14 am

I wonder if they will do an offer for those UK customers that don’t actually live in London...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Well done to those that got tickets but it seems that there are a few here that got tickets on different days. Perhaps there is some regional bias within the BA IT system. I am not suggesting it is deliberate but it just might be that the servers/internet pipeline is quicker to BA servers from some areas than others. I am in the west country and things are generally slower down here so perhaps it is not too much of a surprise that I couldn't even get to the landing page for 10 mins.

Just a thought...
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:17 am

Glad to hear some people on here got some of the flights this week, was dreading to think these were snapped up by the great unwashed!!

i jest, enjoy your trips all.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:24 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by paul78
I wonder if they will do an offer for those UK customers that don’t actually live in London...
They could do a short haul promotion for 100p each way that includes CJ weekend flights from EDI, MAN and STN. Now that would crash the website.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Jan 24, 2019 at 7:58 am
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
In the past I would have said this was intentionally done by the IT Department so their friends could snap up the cheap flights before the general public. But they have mostly been outsourced made redundant, so can't be that anymore.....
Maybe its being snapped out by the outsourced centre?
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
It seems that BA IT is also celebrating 100 years It does seem strange sitting here with almost instantaneously loading pages from other websites while trying to get the offer to load and only doing so after the magic 100 tickets sold out. And well done to those who managed to get the flights and very well done to those who got multiple tickets on different days.
John
Old Jan 24, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by thebigben
I don't know either - I wanted to go to NYC but couldn't find dates for Fri-Sun or Sat-Mon. Then, got PIT on the second attempt and PHL on the first.
Maybe I got the only Fri - Sun ticket for mid of March - tbh it will practically be only Sat to Sun as the arrival at JFK will be Friday 1010pm (there was no other flight choice)

I hope you'll enjoy PHL nevertheless
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by londonba2014

At least with concert tickets, once you secure tickets you get a set amount of time to pay for them. Very poor show from BA on this offer..
Managed to get PIT yesterday , BGI and PHL today,

Concert tickets are different they are for a set date only so its easy to lock a booking there is far too many variables by locking revenue, QR did this once for the Sake fare and it annoyed a hell of a lot more people than it helped as soon as the first 10 people got on it blocked all the revenue buckets its simply not effective at all and not the same as Concert tickets when its so variable,

As for those moaning about the website I am going to guess there were thousands and thousands of simultaneous sessions to the database and I am pretty sure Armadeus would have went into melt down, Pretty similar to any mistake fare.

I found the trick was to hit refresh at 11:59 and 57 seconds, that let your browser send the refresh request and the content page on the website had completed before hand,

Before hand i had logged into two browsers on the BAEC page so it would prefill all my info inc cc details and also had all the dates I was available on a spreadsheet so I was through and ticketed at 12:03
george77300 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:20 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

I have never had a problem to get the homepage of BA to load during the last four days.
Yes, it was longer than usual, but I was able to see the flights and times.My experience is to use a good old desktop / laptop rather than a tablet or mobile device during sale like this. ...

The BA was far better than what I experience on the Lufthansa homepage on an average day trying to search for flights and book them. And way better than what we all got during the Leading Hotels Sale Fiasko a couple of years ago ...

But of course, that does not help you, if you cannot get the page to load. In so far, just my thoughts
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
Glad to hear some people on here got some of the flights this week, was dreading to think these were snapped up by the great unwashed!!

i jest, enjoy your trips all.
God forbid one would have to fly economy without getting tipsy in the lounge beforehand!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.