Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:13 am

cant see £100 flights for either destination Says offer now finished
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, RCI Diamond
Missed out
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:14 am

What next? Europe for £1.99 a la Ryanair? Well done to those who got £200 return long haul fares.
tedcruz likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
That's Mrs Internetplumber and I off to Philly for the weekend in Sept.
wrp96 and dombo17uk like this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold (woohoo)
What other businesses would put so much effort into a promotional event like this then stand back and do nothing as almost everyone attempting to engage is frustrated by the website not delivering against the expectations set? Shambles.
adrianlondon likes this.

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
They might as well have just given these away and called it a lottery. Not a meaningful endeavour to reward customers - I reckon it will have antagonised many more than it satisfied. 100 quid off any long-haul flight booked in a certain period might have been a more fruitful promotion? Or, being cynical, "a return to the glory days of flying - our advertised cheapest fares actually include a suitcase!!" for a week long booking period.
The Muffin Man likes this.

Programs: BA Blue :(
Well that was a waste of 15 minutes!
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:16 am

Wow, I’ve been a lot of these situations trying to get concert tickets and such for MrsMuffinMan, but I have to say this ranks amongst the most disappointing.

I wasnt genuinely expecting to get a seat but it would have been nice if the website had loaded in the last 15 mins and I felt like I was in the race.
londonba2014 likes this.

Programs: BAEC
Usual story of BA incompetence, past four days have been hit by site crashing at payment stage..

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
well I'm 0 for 4 or is it 0 for 8, the landing page didn't even refresh today until the offer had gone but they are trying to spend in their sale. Iv'e got to say not feeling the love from BA at the moment. Looking back over the years they have gifted me 1 upgrade and errrr nothing else.
John

Programs: BAEC Gold
Got to the payment page for Barbados then thought about the PITA getting to Gatwick from Liverpool and backed out.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
What a waste of time for most of us... the web site just crashed and I couldn't get in to even see what the destinations were... when I did the offer had finished.

I can see why they do these flash sales but they should really scale up the web servers to cope or else it is not worth the effort to try to get tickets.

Great for the lucky few I suppose but I have wasted 4 days of staying in to try all for nothing.

You can say I am just sour grapes... well yes, you bet I am when I set everything up to be one of the first in and still I fail. <grrrrrr>.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by The Muffin Man
Wow, I’ve been a lot of these situations trying to get concert tickets and such for MrsMuffinMan, but I have to say this ranks amongst the most disappointing.

I wasnt genuinely expecting to get a seat but it would have been nice if the website had loaded in the last 15 mins and I felt like I was in the race.
At least with concert tickets, once you secure tickets you get a set amount of time to pay for them. Very poor show from BA on this offer..
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Elevate
They might as well have just given these away and called it a lottery. Not a meaningful endeavour to reward customers - I reckon it will have antagonised many more than it satisfied. 100 quid off any long-haul flight booked in a certain period might have been a more fruitful promotion?
couldnt agree more, nothing wrong with this sort of thing to drive traffic to your website that might end up buying tickets in the sales, but for the site to crash so badly it’s just going to annoy people.
Elevate likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 5:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keep it Riel
What other businesses would put so much effort into a promotional event like this then stand back and do nothing as almost everyone attempting to engage is frustrated by the website not delivering against the expectations set?
It happens all the time with concert ticketing websites and will happen when Celine Dion tickets go on sale tomorrow. They don’t have a fluid pricing model so are happy to give you time to pay.
BA allows you to store your card details in your profile, so all you have to enter is the 3 digit code.

Last edited by FlyerTalker39574; Jan 24, 2019 at 5:25 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.