Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver
Got LHR-GIG 29/09-06/10
Just have to get up the courage to tell mrs sl1ppy now
Formerly known as joannerose66

Programs: Gold BA Exec, Hyatt Globalist
Tried for 3 tickets to PIT for half-term in May but sold out when I was on payment page.

Managed to get 2 tickets for mid-May. May use PIT as a base to go somewhere else that week
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Akoz
The Pittsburgh £100 out flight I was looking said booking in O
Ah, well they used something called a Closed User Group - which will be familiar to those on Armed Forces and other special fares - which is a mechanism to get tickets on sale on different rules to main BA.com. So they may well have had a variety of fare groups available to book for £100 but the CUG basically said "the offer needs to go through".
navylad likes this.

Programs: BAEC Blue
The way that has worked best for me is having the BA low price finder page open.
Then when the cities are announced at midday, I set the trip length and navigate to the city.
Click into the city and select the month/s that the offer is for. The calendar of dates is loaded with prices, but the prices are incorrect, so just ignore those.
Click your date, and through you go to the BA booking area and you'll then see the correct £100 fares listed. If the date you selected has none, then you will see on the tabs the prices for days either side, and if any of them have £100, your in luck.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
I secured two seats to BOS yesterday, and was offered either destination today. Gave up on the laptop and just used my I Phone ...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by LonBom
The way that has worked best for me is having the BA low price finder page open.
Then when the cities are announced at midday, I set the trip length and navigate to the city.
Click into the city and select the month/s that the offer is for. The calendar of dates is loaded with prices, but the prices are incorrect, so just ignore those.
Click your date, and through you go to the BA booking area and you'll then see the correct £100 fares listed. If the date you selected has none, then you will see on the tabs the prices for days either side, and if any of them have £100, your in luck.
Not sure if that will work I went via the 100 landing page got passed to the payment page and after a few moments I got the "sorry this flight is sold out" message. I had one eye on my phone waiting for the Amex app to inform me that the charge had gone through but unfortunately it did not.
John
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:38 am

Two tickets to Rio in the basket, all details entered. Panicked on the final pay button, called Her indoors, got thumbs up, pressed proceed and got message tickets gone whilst I was in transaction... That will teach me (even received an email from PayPal saying they are waiting for vendor to take payment).
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Ah, well they used something called a Closed User Group - which will be familiar to those on Armed Forces and other special fares - which is a mechanism to get tickets on sale on different rules to main BA.com. So they may well have had a variety of fare groups available to book for £100 but the CUG basically said "the offer needs to go through".
Presumably any avios or TP will be still based on the fare group. So pot luck if you get M or O etc?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm seeing over 17,000 for my RIO booking plus 70tps

Not too shabby !
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Beergander
Two tickets to Rio in the basket, all details entered. Panicked on the final pay button, called Her indoors, got thumbs up, pressed proceed and got message tickets gone whilst I was in transaction... That will teach me (even received an email from PayPal saying they are waiting for vendor to take payment).
You missed one of the primary rules of FT: book first, ask/inform later. Particularly effective on BA where you have a 24hr free cancel window, if your cost centres are non-compliant...
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
@thejohn
It'll get you to the flight selection quicker than clicking via the BA search on the £100 offer page. But the final payment page is all about speed.
Add to basket as quick as. Pay as quick as. Your competing against many others.

I didn't bother searching for Rio as thought it would be too busy. But then the dates periods for both of the offers today weren't desirable to me as I have plans already in those date periods.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Well it appears I've got four sectors in 788 Y !!!
wrp96, squawk and Will100 like this.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Can’t use any of the £100 deals as i’m Off on a month long trip to Oz this year. Let my friends know about this offer and one has bagged 2 run tickets to Rio.

As they are both quite tall - and usually members of VFC - what is UuA for that flight if they want to start collecting avios and getting up a couple of Amex cards?
Old Jan 23, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA
Anyone have any ideas about tomorrows destinations? The background picture is a lot less obvious than the Rio and Abu Dhabi ones
Old Jan 23, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Pass
Hawaii maybe or Goa maybe?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.