FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1952156-ba-100-100-seats-100-each-way-promotion-period-21-24-january-2019-a.html)

DreamTrip Jan 21, 2019 5:40 am

Flashsale!
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c718fbe9d0.jpg

Lewis King Jan 21, 2019 5:54 am

grrr I was on final payment stage, AMEX approved/etc.... and then "sold out" whilst I was booking. ........!

mikeyfly Jan 21, 2019 5:56 am

Such a shame - really wanted a taster trip to CPT - with both night flights would've got a full weekend for £200 flights. Oh well... let's see what tomorrow has to offer :)

george77300 Jan 21, 2019 6:03 am

Started at 12. Finally ended at 12:45. A quick trip to CPT would've been good. But thanks to the website not functioning couldn't get through. Eventually got the flights but then crashed when I got to payment! :(

Can't do tomorrow but hopefully Wed/Thurs have something interesting and not just effectively 20% off NY flights...

It only mentions USA, Africa and South America so no doubt one to SA would be cool but the other 6 no doubt to Northeastern USA.

katbraz Jan 21, 2019 6:12 am

It does mention Japan in the T&Cs:

b. Travel in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow to Austin, Nashville, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Abu Dhabi, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Seychelles, Muscat, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Osaka, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Nassau, Grand Cayman, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Santiago is available for selected outbound travel dates between 15 January 2019 and 13 December 2019.

£200 rtn to Japan would be pretty cool.

mda03jb Jan 21, 2019 6:25 am

Originally Posted by katbraz (Post 30681206)
It does mention Japan in the T&Cs:

b. Travel in World Traveller and World Traveller Plus from London Heathrow to Austin, Nashville, New York, Chicago, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Abu Dhabi, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Seychelles, Muscat, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Osaka, Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, Shanghai, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Sydney, Nassau, Grand Cayman, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Santiago is available for selected outbound travel dates between 15 January 2019 and 13 December 2019.

£200 rtn to Japan would be pretty cool.

That’s relating to the general sale ongoing at present not the centenary flash sales unfortunately.

katbraz Jan 21, 2019 6:30 am

Originally Posted by mda03jb (Post 30681233)

That’s relating to the general sale ongoing at present not the centenary flash sales unfortunately.

doh! thanks for heads up.

corporate-wage-slave Jan 21, 2019 6:32 am

This is the sort of bargain I love, even if it is somewhere down the back. However when you are on BA flights at 12 noon for two maybe three days running - and no shorthaul wifi in the air of course - well, it is just sooooooooo unfair! It's almost as bad as booking for Glastonbury.

Oh well, maybe I can ask the captain to trundle extra slowly down to the runway tomorrow, just for me.

Is Duck1981 our own successful booking collectively?

mikeyfly Jan 21, 2019 6:34 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30681255)
This is the sort of bargain I love, even if it is somewhere down the back. However when you are on BA flights at 12 noon for two maybe three days running - and no shorthaul wifi in the air of course - well, it is just sooooooooo unfair! It's almost as bad as booking for Glastonbury.

Oh well, maybe I can ask the captain to trundle extra slowly down to the runway tomorrow, just for me.

You could've been on super fast fibre in your office and still had no luck ! Considering how there was no advance marketing on this I am surprised the website failed miserably

subject2load Jan 21, 2019 6:56 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 30681260)
...............Considering how there was no advance marketing on this I am surprised the website failed miserably

Just how surprised are you, in truth ?

BA website experiencing problems” does not exactly make for shock-horror-headline-news.

Duck1981 Jan 21, 2019 7:39 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30681255)

I must admit that I was with high-speed internet at that time :)

I have seen the original post during my early lunch break and have tried to book but failed initially. Second attempt at about 1215pm led me to payments page - quickly ran over to my wife's desk (we work in the same company but normally not in the same office) to check if she's ok with a weekend in NYC and she confirmed so I punched the booking button and it went through (after 30 seconds). Normally I would not go for 2 nights to NYC but for 200 per person... :)

But I honestly hope others will get a ticket as well. Offered me an upgrade to PE for £593 return btw, but won't buy it due to the relatively short flight time...

T8191 Jan 21, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by davem4 (Post 30681069)
BA.com is dead :( RIP

Tried to book a normal l/h plus car this am ... dysfuntional ba.com
Called Gold line ... Agent couldn’t manage either, but called back later with a solution.

Agent said there were problems with loading this offer which ‘infected’ everything! :)

God Bless BA, where even the good things go bad! :D

mmxbreaks Jan 21, 2019 8:03 am

Originally Posted by george77300 (Post 30681186)
Started at 12. Finally ended at 12:45. A quick trip to CPT would've been good. But thanks to the website not functioning couldn't get through. Eventually got the flights but then crashed when I got to payment! :(

Can't do tomorrow but hopefully Wed/Thurs have something interesting and not just effectively 20% off NY flights...

It only mentions USA, Africa and South America so no doubt one to SA would be cool but the other 6 no doubt to Northeastern USA.

My guess is Boston, being next cheapest to NYC; Chicago, Miami, Orlando/similar. And all off summer season. Maybe Vegas too for a specific quiet period.

Hopeful for something more exciting or unusual: Charleston, New Orleans, Nashville would grab my attention.

george77300 Jan 21, 2019 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks (Post 30681497)
My guess is Boston, being next cheapest to NYC; Chicago, Miami, Orlando/similar. And all off summer season. Maybe Vegas too for a specific quiet period.

Hopeful for something more exciting or unusual: Charleston, New Orleans, Nashville would grab my attention.

Yes for me too. Something in South East Asia would be good although Asia not mentioned. Cape Town is likely the only Africa so I'd guess 1/6 being the South American and the other 5/6 in the USA. Hopefully the South American is interesting and can book it, unlike today!

FrogTastic Jan 21, 2019 8:15 am

I was hoping for CE return deals in this "flash sale"