Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:54 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
my PIT-LHR is now offering WTP for £299. Not likely to bite yet, however there J Reward space. Can I POUG and then UuA??

I have £299 for LHR-PIT - definitely not biting there - but nowt for PIT-LHR.
It isn't possible to UUA a POUG, I'm told, as the offer books you into reward class.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
I have £299 for LHR-PIT - definitely not biting there - but nowt for PIT-LHR.
It isn't possible to UUA a POUG, I'm told, as the offer books you into reward class.
POUGs go into revenue buckets...can you UuA then? Technically no
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:13 am

Originally Posted by teledude
POUGs go into revenue buckets...
That's not what our dear @KARFA told me...?
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
That's not what our dear @KARFA told me...?
They go in to P for WTP and only W/E/T can be UuA’ed. P is not an eligible booking class for a UuA.

Similar story for POUG in to CW which go in to U, can’t be UuA’ed in to F either.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Interesting, it has been a long time since I travelled down the back (albeit now in WTP), I’m kind of looking forward to the experience, although will be in quandary it offered AUP.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by KARFA

They go in to P for WTP and only W/E/T can be UuA’ed. P is not an eligible booking class for a UuA.

Similar story for POUG in to CW which go in to U, can’t be UuA’ed in to F either.
Happy to be corrected. Happy mine is currently sat in T then
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Mirp
How much was the upgrade cost to WTP?
not a sniff of a POUG since booking though, looks like I’ll be lubricating in the lounge to get through both flights 😔
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:03 pm
LPQ

Programs: TG *G 20 years
I understand the advice that once a POUG has been applied then it isn't possible to UuA. However, would a GUF2 be any more successful after a POUG?
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:36 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by LPQ
I understand the advice that once a POUG has been applied then it isn't possible to UuA. However, would a GUF2 be any more successful after a POUG?
line 5 of an upgrade vouchers T&C

Gold Upgrade vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any bookings that have already been subject to an upgrade (Avios points for Upgrade or Gold Upgrade vouchers), or any other promotions/offers.
LPQ likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 10:58 am

Programs: BAEC
For LHR-PHL I've been offered a POUG for WT > WTP for £263. If I take that does it affect UuA for the return leg?

I am hoping to UuA to CW for PHL-LHR but not bothered about outbound.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 11:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by kevbar
For LHR-PHL I've been offered a POUG for WT > WTP for £263. If I take that does it affect UuA for the return leg?

I am hoping to UuA to CW for PHL-LHR but not bothered about outbound.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum kevbar, congratulations on getting one of these special priced tickets.

If you POUG to WTP on the outbound only then yes you can still UuA on the inbound but only by one cabin (so WTP again). If you POUG to WTP in theory that should stop you from UuA any further but IT mistakes have been known. You would still be able to AUP under either scenario, and that can be by 2 cabins. Personally I would take that POUG (you may end up further forward anyway) along with any that are offered on the return, but it certainly won't be guaranteed that you will get CW for the overnight service. I hope this veritable abbreviation spaghetti soup means something to you!
kevbar likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Did anyone book PIT and had an offer of a POUG yet ? I assume as a new route there's no historical data? Not had an offer and interested in one !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.