FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1952156-ba-100-100-seats-100-each-way-promotion-period-21-24-january-2019-a.html)

Ldnn1 Jan 27, 19 1:54 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 30703515)
my PIT-LHR is now offering WTP for £299. Not likely to bite yet, however there J Reward space. Can I POUG and then UuA??

I have £299 for LHR-PIT - definitely not biting there - but nowt for PIT-LHR.
It isn't possible to UUA a POUG, I'm told, as the offer books you into reward class.

teledude Jan 27, 19 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 30705498)
I have £299 for LHR-PIT - definitely not biting there - but nowt for PIT-LHR.
It isn't possible to UUA a POUG, I'm told, as the offer books you into reward class.

POUGs go into revenue buckets...can you UuA then? Technically no :)

Ldnn1 Jan 27, 19 4:13 am

Originally Posted by teledude (Post 30705671)
POUGs go into revenue buckets...

That's not what our dear @KARFA told me...?

KARFA Jan 27, 19 4:17 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1 (Post 30705693)
That's not what our dear @KARFA told me...?

They go in to P for WTP and only W/E/T can be UuA’ed. P is not an eligible booking class for a UuA.

Similar story for POUG in to CW which go in to U, can’t be UuA’ed in to F either.

navylad Jan 27, 19 5:04 am

Interesting, it has been a long time since I travelled down the back (albeit now in WTP), I’m kind of looking forward to the experience, although will be in quandary it offered AUP.

teledude Jan 27, 19 7:17 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30705702)

They go in to P for WTP and only W/E/T can be UuA’ed. P is not an eligible booking class for a UuA.

Similar story for POUG in to CW which go in to U, can’t be UuA’ed in to F either.

Happy to be corrected. Happy mine is currently sat in T then :D

iamnibblypig Jan 27, 19 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Mirp (Post 30695419)
How much was the upgrade cost to WTP?

not a sniff of a POUG since booking though, looks like I’ll be lubricating in the lounge to get through both flights 😔

LPQ Jan 27, 19 7:03 pm

I understand the advice that once a POUG has been applied then it isn't possible to UuA. However, would a GUF2 be any more successful after a POUG?

navylad Jan 28, 19 1:36 am

Originally Posted by LPQ (Post 30708172)
I understand the advice that once a POUG has been applied then it isn't possible to UuA. However, would a GUF2 be any more successful after a POUG?

line 5 of an upgrade vouchers T&C

Gold Upgrade vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any bookings that have already been subject to an upgrade (Avios points for Upgrade or Gold Upgrade vouchers), or any other promotions/offers.

kevbar Feb 1, 19 10:58 am

For LHR-PHL I've been offered a POUG for WT > WTP for £263. If I take that does it affect UuA for the return leg?

I am hoping to UuA to CW for PHL-LHR but not bothered about outbound.

corporate-wage-slave Feb 1, 19 11:04 am

Originally Posted by kevbar (Post 30728188)
For LHR-PHL I've been offered a POUG for WT > WTP for £263. If I take that does it affect UuA for the return leg?

I am hoping to UuA to CW for PHL-LHR but not bothered about outbound.

Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum kevbar, congratulations on getting one of these special priced tickets.

If you POUG to WTP on the outbound only then yes you can still UuA on the inbound but only by one cabin (so WTP again). If you POUG to WTP in theory that should stop you from UuA any further but IT mistakes have been known. You would still be able to AUP under either scenario, and that can be by 2 cabins. Personally I would take that POUG (you may end up further forward anyway) along with any that are offered on the return, but it certainly won't be guaranteed that you will get CW for the overnight service. I hope this veritable abbreviation spaghetti soup means something to you!

mikeyfly Mar 25, 19 6:10 am

Did anyone book PIT and had an offer of a POUG yet ? I assume as a new route there's no historical data? Not had an offer and interested in one !