FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1952156-ba-100-100-seats-100-each-way-promotion-period-21-24-january-2019-a.html)

mikeyfly Jan 24, 2019 5:20 am

Today was annoying - I've been successful last two days - couldn't get the offer until 12.05 and then didn't find a single £100 anywhere

Happy with Pittsburgh from yesterday though :)

Samaras Jan 24, 2019 5:20 am

I managed to get 2 tickets to PHL. Out Friday and return Sunday in late September. Did take three search attempts to get the fares to show up.

ThatT1Feeling Jan 24, 2019 5:22 am

There are some great website queuing platforms available which BA could have used in this instance - either a queue to join the site or a configurable time in which you have to select and pay for your tickets before you get kicked out. We have implemented this for a lot of clients who have high traffic on Black Friday. If BA are going to persist with this kind of stunt, they should invest in something which makes the customer experience more palatable and informed.

BAEC Jan 24, 2019 5:24 am

Did anyone on this forum actually get the BGI deal? Besides one who backed out

Chillax2511 Jan 24, 2019 5:27 am

Got through to payment for the BGI, it spun the wheel the way through to finalising payment/looking forward to welcoming you on-board... Then booted me!

23rd-26th March

C'est la vie!

subject2load Jan 24, 2019 5:28 am

The anniversary celebrations have clearly got off to a great start. So much goodwill generated .... judging by the countless happy posters here :cool:

clubman Jan 24, 2019 5:30 am

30 minutes later and I still cannot get the website to load.

Elevate Jan 24, 2019 5:31 am

Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling (Post 30694201)
If BA are going to persist with this kind of stunt, they should invest in something which makes the customer experience more palatable and informed.

That would be rather antithetical to the Walsh & Cruz show's culture.

mmxbreaks Jan 24, 2019 5:32 am

Originally Posted by Keep it Riel (Post 30694179)
What other businesses would put so much effort into a promotional event like this then stand back and do nothing as almost everyone attempting to engage is frustrated by the website not delivering against the expectations set? Shambles.

It's just a massive PR stunt anyway. By that measure it's clearly a success, despite IT shortcomings.

FEMW Jan 24, 2019 5:34 am

Crashed out...

One upset friend who doesn’t get much opportunity to get away - she was paying for them and the the website crashed!! Poor show from BA.

Another friend lucky enough to get 2 tix to Rio yesterday. But yeah - BA needs to do something about these offers which cause the website to crash instantaneously!

bigwalrus Jan 24, 2019 5:36 am

Originally Posted by happeemonkee (Post 30694187)
Got to the payment page for Barbados then thought about the PITA getting to Gatwick from Liverpool and backed out.

I went one step further and continued to payment - even went through to the AMEX authorisation. But the flights were "sold out" by the time it tried to confirm.

mikeyfly Jan 24, 2019 5:37 am

Originally Posted by FEMW (Post 30694237)
One upset friend who doesn’t get much opportunity to get away - she was paying for them and the the website crashed!! Poor show from BA.

Another friend lucky enough to get 2 tix to Rio yesterday. But yeah - BA needs to do something about these offers which cause the website to crash instantaneously!

I've had luck three separate bookings this week - it really is fastest finger first.

thebigben Jan 24, 2019 5:39 am

Bagged a quick return to PHL, so that's a total of two returns for me, pretty nice considering it booked in the M bucket. Only sad I didn't get much luck with exit window seats, but I can live with that.

orchidrose12 Jan 24, 2019 5:41 am

Originally Posted by BAEC (Post 30694208)
Did anyone on this forum actually get the BGI deal? Besides one who backed out

Woah, I'm going to Barbados......

I swear my heart stopped beating as I waited for the payment to go through. I'm taking my lovely Mum for a well deserved break mid March and I couldn't be happier.

Condolences to those who didn't get lucky

cameramaker Jan 24, 2019 5:44 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 30694247)
I've had luck three separate bookings this week - it really is fastest finger first.

I tried for every Fri-Sun in the period on both BGI and PHL today, along with GIG at smack on midday and got nothing. A couple of outbound BGI fares came up but by the time I'd tried to adjust the return they'd gone.
I don't know how people knew what exact dates to search for in order to return an instant positive result.