FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA 100 - 100 seats for £100 each-way [promotion period 21-24 January 2019] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1952156-ba-100-100-seats-100-each-way-promotion-period-21-24-january-2019-a.html)

sl1ppy Jan 23, 19 5:27 am

Got LHR-GIG 29/09-06/10
Just have to get up the courage to tell mrs sl1ppy now :eek:

orchidrose12 Jan 23, 19 5:27 am

Tried for 3 tickets to PIT for half-term in May but sold out when I was on payment page.

Managed to get 2 tickets for mid-May. May use PIT as a base to go somewhere else that week

corporate-wage-slave Jan 23, 19 5:27 am

Originally Posted by Akoz (Post 30689844)
The Pittsburgh £100 out flight I was looking said booking in O

Ah, well they used something called a Closed User Group - which will be familiar to those on Armed Forces and other special fares - which is a mechanism to get tickets on sale on different rules to main BA.com. So they may well have had a variety of fare groups available to book for £100 but the CUG basically said "the offer needs to go through".

LonBom Jan 23, 19 5:27 am

The way that has worked best for me is having the BA low price finder page open.
Then when the cities are announced at midday, I set the trip length and navigate to the city.
Click into the city and select the month/s that the offer is for. The calendar of dates is loaded with prices, but the prices are incorrect, so just ignore those.
Click your date, and through you go to the BA booking area and you'll then see the correct £100 fares listed. If the date you selected has none, then you will see on the tabs the prices for days either side, and if any of them have £100, your in luck.

Seat 1K Jan 23, 19 5:28 am

I secured two seats to BOS yesterday, and was offered either destination today. Gave up on the laptop and just used my I Phone ...

thejohn Jan 23, 19 5:34 am

Originally Posted by LonBom (Post 30689861)
The way that has worked best for me is having the BA low price finder page open.
Then when the cities are announced at midday, I set the trip length and navigate to the city.
Click into the city and select the month/s that the offer is for. The calendar of dates is loaded with prices, but the prices are incorrect, so just ignore those.
Click your date, and through you go to the BA booking area and you'll then see the correct £100 fares listed. If the date you selected has none, then you will see on the tabs the prices for days either side, and if any of them have £100, your in luck.

Not sure if that will work I went via the 100 landing page got passed to the payment page and after a few moments I got the "sorry this flight is sold out" message. I had one eye on my phone waiting for the Amex app to inform me that the charge had gone through but unfortunately it did not.
John

Beergander Jan 23, 19 5:38 am

Two tickets to Rio in the basket, all details entered. Panicked on the final pay button, called Her indoors, got thumbs up, pressed proceed and got message tickets gone whilst I was in transaction... That will teach me (even received an email from PayPal saying they are waiting for vendor to take payment).

Akoz Jan 23, 19 5:47 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30689860)
Ah, well they used something called a Closed User Group - which will be familiar to those on Armed Forces and other special fares - which is a mechanism to get tickets on sale on different rules to main BA.com. So they may well have had a variety of fare groups available to book for £100 but the CUG basically said "the offer needs to go through".

Presumably any avios or TP will be still based on the fare group. So pot luck if you get M or O etc?

mikeyfly Jan 23, 19 5:48 am

I'm seeing over 17,000 for my RIO booking plus 70tps

Not too shabby !

Deltus Jan 23, 19 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Beergander (Post 30689896)
Two tickets to Rio in the basket, all details entered. Panicked on the final pay button, called Her indoors, got thumbs up, pressed proceed and got message tickets gone whilst I was in transaction... That will teach me (even received an email from PayPal saying they are waiting for vendor to take payment).

You missed one of the primary rules of FT: book first, ask/inform later. Particularly effective on BA where you have a 24hr free cancel window, if your cost centres are non-compliant...

LonBom Jan 23, 19 5:51 am

@thejohn
It'll get you to the flight selection quicker than clicking via the BA search on the £100 offer page. But the final payment page is all about speed.
Add to basket as quick as. Pay as quick as. Your competing against many others.

I didn't bother searching for Rio as thought it would be too busy. But then the dates periods for both of the offers today weren't desirable to me as I have plans already in those date periods.

mikeyfly Jan 23, 19 5:51 am

Well it appears I've got four sectors in 788 Y !!!

FEMW Jan 23, 19 5:55 am

Canít use any of the £100 deals as iím Off on a month long trip to Oz this year. Let my friends know about this offer and one has bagged 2 run tickets to Rio.

As they are both quite tall - and usually members of VFC - what is UuA for that flight if they want to start collecting avios and getting up a couple of Amex cards?

ard9719 Jan 23, 19 5:57 am

Anyone have any ideas about tomorrows destinations? The background picture is a lot less obvious than the Rio and Abu Dhabi ones

tomparskate Jan 23, 19 6:01 am

Hawaii maybe or Goa maybe?